What is involved in lean thinking
Find out what the related areas are that lean thinking connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a lean thinking thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its lean thinking journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward lean thinking leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which lean thinking related domains to cover and 20 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
lean thinking, Kaizen, Kanban, Takt time, Toyota Production System:
lean thinking Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in lean thinking quality and adopt an insight outlook.
– What management system can we use to leverage the lean thinking experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What notable similarities and differences exist among systems thinking lean thinking and the theory of constraints?
– Do those selected for the lean thinking team have a good general understanding of what lean thinking is all about?
– Is a lean thinking Team Work effort in place?
Kaizen Critical Criteria:
Consider Kaizen failures and learn.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your lean thinking strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– What are our needs in relation to lean thinking skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– How to deal with lean thinking Changes?
Kanban Critical Criteria:
Design Kanban failures and prioritize challenges of Kanban.
– What is the best online tool for Agile development using Kanban?
– Does the lean thinking task fit the clients priorities?
– Do we use kanban, and know how it compares to scrum?
– Are there recognized lean thinking problems?
– Does Kanban work for UX Design?
Takt time Critical Criteria:
Discourse Takt time leadership and separate what are the business goals Takt time is aiming to achieve.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing lean thinking? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What are all of our lean thinking domains and what do they do?
– Are we Assessing lean thinking and Risk?
Toyota Production System Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Toyota Production System visions and question.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for lean thinking strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What is Effective lean thinking?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the lean thinking Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
lean thinking External links:
Lean Thinking – pmtrainingclass.com
Kaizen External links:
Lean Products, 5S Supplies, Kaizen Training | Enna.com
Kaizen Foam – FastCap – Woodworking Tools
The Kaizen Way to Wellness | Dr. Tomas Hemgren
Kanban External links:
What Is an Inventory Kanban? | Chron.com
What Is Kanban? An Introduction to Kanban Methodology
Kanban Software for Lean Project Management | LeanKit
Takt time External links:
Takt Time Calculation – Takt Time Calculator
How to Calculate Takt Time in Production Process: 5 Steps
Toyota Production System External links:
Toyota Production System (TPS) Terminology
[PDF]TOYOTA PRODUCTION SYSTEM BASIC …
Lean Manufacturing and the Toyota Production System