What is involved in Strategic HR
Find out what the related areas are that Strategic HR connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Strategic HR thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Strategic HR journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Strategic HR leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Strategic HR related domains to cover and 262 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Strategic HR, Perception management, Certified Business Manager, Trade union, Succession planning, Labor and Employment Relations Association, Hewitt Associates, Organizational change, Business case, Human Resources, Organizational theory, Public administration, Journal of Management, Corporate governance, Manufacturing process management, Management system, Innovation management, Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, Business school, Human capital, Resource management, Work-life balance, Technology management, Capability management, Employee performance management, Organizational behavior, Aspiration Management, Business administration, Business partner, Employee engagement, Product lifecycle, Towers Watson, Strategic HR, Organization Science, Academic administration, PhD in management, Perspectives on Work, Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering, Health administration, American Society for Training & Development, Managerial psychology, Collaborative method, HR Magazine, Realistic job preview, Williamson’s model of managerial discretion, Brand management, Performance appraisal, Project management, Association management, Master of Business Administration, Earned value management, Academy of Management Journal, Corporate knowledge, Stock management, National Labor Relations Board, Employment agency, Industrial revolution, Journal of Personnel Psychology, Management style, Outline of business management, Systems management, Supply chain management, Eliyahu M. Goldratt, Change management, Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology, The Office, Virtual management, Chief human resources officer:
Strategic HR Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Strategic HR governance and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Strategic HR.
– What are the long-term Strategic HR goals?
– What is our Strategic HR Strategy?
Perception management Critical Criteria:
Model after Perception management issues and find out.
– What about Strategic HR Analysis of results?
– Are there Strategic HR problems defined?
– How to Secure Strategic HR?
Certified Business Manager Critical Criteria:
Chart Certified Business Manager goals and tour deciding if Certified Business Manager progress is made.
– Does Strategic HR include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Strategic HR requirements in detail?
– What are the short and long-term Strategic HR goals?
Trade union Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Trade union failures and know what your objective is.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Strategic HR. How do we gain traction?
– How is the value delivered by Strategic HR being measured?
– How would one define Strategic HR leadership?
Succession planning Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Succession planning decisions and pioneer acquisition of Succession planning systems.
– Do we have processes for managing Human Resources across the business. (eg. staffing skills and numbers are known and predictions are made of future needs? new staff are inducted and trained to suit needs? succession planning is catered for?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Strategic HR services/products?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Strategic HR?
– Does the Strategic HR task fit the clients priorities?
Labor and Employment Relations Association Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Labor and Employment Relations Association risks and customize techniques for implementing Labor and Employment Relations Association controls.
– How can you negotiate Strategic HR successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Strategic HR leaders?
Hewitt Associates Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Hewitt Associates failures and find out what it really means.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Strategic HR project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Strategic HR process?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Strategic HR project?
Organizational change Critical Criteria:
Review Organizational change adoptions and oversee Organizational change requirements.
– In terms of change focus, leaders will examine the success of past strategic initiatives and the concrete Change Management that accompanied them. is the overall strategy sound?
– There may be certain managers that you have a better chance of influencing than others. what do you know about their backgrounds?
– Who are all of the stakeholders in this decision we need to make, or in this process we are about to change?
– To what extent does the organization have the ability to implement the new skills, knowledge and behaviors?
– How many times has a flawed communications strategy contributed to a less-than-successful change effort?
– Would you increase your investment from 00 to 10 to improve your chances of success from 16% to 95%?
– Does the strategy include a timeline detailing when critical messages should go out?
– Do we supply realistic detail of both the positives and negatives of the change?
– What would you do differently next time you are involved in a change process?
– Do you generally have a positive or negative opinion of the change?
– What is the relationship between this change and other changes?
– Can we combine forces and integrate plans and communication?
– How Do We Know What We Know about Organizational Behavior?
– How will we continue our operations, if something happens?
– Why is organization-wide change difficult to accomplish?
– Which senior manager(s) do you want and need on board?
– What will the new or changed structure look like?
– Does the change involve a lengthy install time?
– In what areas are results absolutely essential?
– How can I reinforce desired behavior?
Business case Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Business case projects and devote time assessing Business case and its risk.
– Is there a Strategic HR Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Who is driving and leading the business case development for your organization?
– Is there a business case where additional cyber security risks are involved?
– What is the security -life cycle identity management business case?
– Are assumptions made in Strategic HR stated explicitly?
– Have sensitivity of the business case been calculated?
– Right business case?
Human Resources Critical Criteria:
Shape Human Resources risks and learn.
– How do we engage divisions, operating units, operations, internal audit, risk management, compliance, finance, technology, and human resources in adopting the updated framework?
– Are Human Resources subject to screening, and do they have terms and conditions of employment defining their information security responsibilities?
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– How often do we hold meaningful conversations at the operating level among sales, finance, operations, IT, and human resources?
– Is business intelligence set to play a key role in the future of human resources?
– Why does the company collect and use personal data in the employment context?
– How do financial reports support the various aspects of accountability?
– What are the Human Resources we can bring to establishing new business?
– From what types of sources does the company collect personal data?
– How should any risks to privacy and civil liberties be managed?
– Friendliness and professionalism of the Human Resources staff?
– What internal dispute resolution mechanisms are available?
– What are ways that employee productivity can be measured?
– Does all hr data receive the same level of security?
– Is our company developing its Human Resources?
– What other outreach efforts would be helpful?
– How is the Ease of navigating the hr website?
– How is the Content updated of the hr website?
– Analytic Applications: Build or Buy?
– Is the hr plan effective ?
Organizational theory Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Organizational theory issues and perfect Organizational theory conflict management.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Strategic HR products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Strategic HR leader?
– How do we Identify specific Strategic HR investment and emerging trends?
Public administration Critical Criteria:
Grasp Public administration leadership and describe the risks of Public administration sustainability.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Strategic HR processes?
– Have all basic functions of Strategic HR been defined?
Journal of Management Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Journal of Management goals and improve Journal of Management service perception.
– Think about the people you identified for your Strategic HR project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Do we all define Strategic HR in the same way?
Corporate governance Critical Criteria:
Focus on Corporate governance management and give examples utilizing a core of simple Corporate governance skills.
– What are our needs in relation to Strategic HR skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Is Strategic HR Required?
Manufacturing process management Critical Criteria:
Focus on Manufacturing process management tactics and oversee Manufacturing process management requirements.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Strategic HR project?
– How do we know that any Strategic HR analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Think of your Strategic HR project. what are the main functions?
Management system Critical Criteria:
Focus on Management system adoptions and describe the risks of Management system sustainability.
– What to do when a user is Finished with their lms training and still has questions?
– If you could only have three features in your learning management system what would they be?
– How do customer relationship management systems provide value for businesses?
– Is there a requirement for the student to record course notes online?
– In what scenarios should change management systems be introduced?
– Other groups or affiliates we should include in this effort?
– What learning management system do you currently have now?
– How can e Learning or computer based training be more effective?
– Additional systems we should consider in our analysis?
– Additional compliance information we did not mention?
– Are there any drop dead start or go-dead dates?
– When do we envision the new system to go live?
– What are good examples of online learning communities?
– What form of payments must be supported?
– What is the newest innovation in online learning?
– What are the open source alternatives to Moodle?
– What drives successful e-learning?
– What are the best online e learning tools?
– What can an LMS offer us?
– How do we choose an lms?
Innovation management Critical Criteria:
Drive Innovation management tasks and question.
– What are the disruptive Strategic HR technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– What are the business goals Strategic HR is aiming to achieve?
Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development Critical Criteria:
Match Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development engagements and integrate design thinking in Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development innovation.
– Will Strategic HR have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What are the barriers to increased Strategic HR production?
Business school Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Business school governance and gather practices for scaling Business school.
– What business benefits will Strategic HR goals deliver if achieved?
Human capital Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Human capital results and find the essential reading for Human capital researchers.
– Who will be responsible for measuring the financial impact of human capital, the HR function or the office of the CFO that has the best handle on available measures of business results?
– The first user resistance to metrics always begins with, But our company hasnt collected any human capital data, so how can we even begin? How do we deal with this resistance?
– Merely identifying and managing human capital is important, but it is not sufficient. We know that we manage only what we measure. So how can measurement make a difference?
– Management systems with more than 500 indicators to monitor aspects of human capital management, even in medium-size, not very sophisticated companies. Too many indicators?
– What are the human capital processes that should be measured in todays economy, and, going forward for that matter, as a routine process?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Strategic HR into the services that we provide?
– Can we be rewired to use the power of data analytics to improve our management of human capital?
– Do HR systems educate leaders about the quality of their human capital decisions?
– So, how can CEOs apply this information to increase the ROI of human capital?
– What do we do in the human capital arena to offset future surprises?
– Is Supporting Strategic HR documentation required?
– What are our Human Capital Needs?
Resource management Critical Criteria:
Frame Resource management adoptions and gather practices for scaling Resource management.
– Imagine you work in the Human Resources department of a company considering a policy to protect its data on employees mobile devices. in advising on this policy, what rights should be considered?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Strategic HR processes of our organization?
– Can we reuse our existing resource management and configuration tools?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Strategic HR activities?
– Why study Human Resources management (hrm)?
– How do we maintain Strategic HRs Integrity?
Work-life balance Critical Criteria:
Value Work-life balance planning and assess and formulate effective operational and Work-life balance strategies.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Strategic HR opportunities costing us money?
Technology management Critical Criteria:
Devise Technology management leadership and get the big picture.
– How do we go about Comparing Strategic HR approaches/solutions?
Capability management Critical Criteria:
Discourse Capability management leadership and get going.
– What are the Essentials of Internal Strategic HR Management?
– How can you measure Strategic HR in a systematic way?
Employee performance management Critical Criteria:
Study Employee performance management governance and secure Employee performance management creativity.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Strategic HR process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Strategic HR process available?
– What are all of our Strategic HR domains and what do they do?
– Does our organization need more Strategic HR education?
Organizational behavior Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Organizational behavior outcomes and grade techniques for implementing Organizational behavior controls.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Strategic HR workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Strategic HR moving forward?
– Is Strategic HR dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Should organizational behavior management expand its content?
Aspiration Management Critical Criteria:
Probe Aspiration Management tactics and find answers.
– To what extent does management recognize Strategic HR as a tool to increase the results?
– Is Strategic HR Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– What vendors make products that address the Strategic HR needs?
Business administration Critical Criteria:
Adapt Business administration risks and define what do we need to start doing with Business administration.
– Which customers cant participate in our Strategic HR domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– How can skill-level changes improve Strategic HR?
Business partner Critical Criteria:
Focus on Business partner risks and arbitrate Business partner techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Are information security policies and other relevant security information disseminated to all system users (including vendors, contractors, and business partners)?
– What Initiatives are needed by the business partner, and how does the BRM stimulate, surface, and shape Initiatives demand for those initiatives?
– Who are the key business partners (e.g., custodians, clearing partners, FinTech startups) that you want to work with on blockchain?
– Are there redundant connections to you critical business partners?
– What do Business Partners think?
Employee engagement Critical Criteria:
Probe Employee engagement failures and grade techniques for implementing Employee engagement controls.
– Troubleshooting – are problems related to what is actually changing (the change), to the management of tasks and resources to make the change happen (project management) or to issues relating to employee engagement, buy-in and resistance (Change Management)?
– What role can internal branding and employee engagement play in creating a positive brand experience?
– Do the drivers of employee engagement differ significantly in different regions of the world?
– Did a newly introduced employee benefit have a positive effect on employee engagement?
– How do we measure improved Strategic HR service perception, and satisfaction?
– Which managerial competencies foster higher levels of employee engagement?
– What specific factors are most associated with higher employee engagement?
– Why is employee engagement higher for some job functions than for others?
– Should we even be focusing on employee engagement?
Product lifecycle Critical Criteria:
Guide Product lifecycle results and explain and analyze the challenges of Product lifecycle.
– Does Strategic HR systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– How do we keep improving Strategic HR?
– Why are Strategic HR skills important?
Towers Watson Critical Criteria:
Boost Towers Watson quality and display thorough understanding of the Towers Watson process.
Strategic HR Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Strategic HR projects and gather practices for scaling Strategic HR.
– When a Strategic HR manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Strategic HR?
Organization Science Critical Criteria:
Value Organization Science quality and overcome Organization Science skills and management ineffectiveness.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Strategic HR strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Is maximizing Strategic HR protection the same as minimizing Strategic HR loss?
Academic administration Critical Criteria:
Canvass Academic administration risks and oversee Academic administration requirements.
– Have you identified your Strategic HR key performance indicators?
PhD in management Critical Criteria:
Look at PhD in management management and revise understanding of PhD in management architectures.
– Can we do Strategic HR without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Who sets the Strategic HR standards?
Perspectives on Work Critical Criteria:
Apply Perspectives on Work projects and slay a dragon.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Strategic HR models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Strategic HR is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering Critical Criteria:
Define Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering governance and handle a jump-start course to Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering.
– How do we Lead with Strategic HR in Mind?
Health administration Critical Criteria:
Explore Health administration goals and ask questions.
– What are the key elements of your Strategic HR performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What are specific Strategic HR Rules to follow?
American Society for Training & Development Critical Criteria:
Guard American Society for Training & Development strategies and customize techniques for implementing American Society for Training & Development controls.
– How do we manage Strategic HR Knowledge Management (KM)?
Managerial psychology Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Managerial psychology leadership and mentor Managerial psychology customer orientation.
– Who needs to know about Strategic HR ?
Collaborative method Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Collaborative method planning and get answers.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Strategic HR agendas for the next 3 years?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Strategic HR effort?
– How do we Improve Strategic HR service perception, and satisfaction?
HR Magazine Critical Criteria:
Give examples of HR Magazine decisions and explain and analyze the challenges of HR Magazine.
– What is the source of the strategies for Strategic HR strengthening and reform?
Realistic job preview Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Realistic job preview quality and adjust implementation of Realistic job preview.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Strategic HR processes?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Strategic HR process?
Williamson’s model of managerial discretion Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Williamson’s model of managerial discretion decisions and define what our big hairy audacious Williamson’s model of managerial discretion goal is.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Strategic HR strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
Brand management Critical Criteria:
Talk about Brand management engagements and separate what are the business goals Brand management is aiming to achieve.
Performance appraisal Critical Criteria:
Focus on Performance appraisal leadership and define what do we need to start doing with Performance appraisal.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Strategic HR project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Strategic HR project lifecycle?
– What management system can we use to leverage the Strategic HR experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
Project management Critical Criteria:
Scan Project management failures and track iterative Project management results.
– Partial solutions can only be used if the information support is being developed for a process that has not yet been computerised. Namely, if users already use an old IT solution – will they partly use the old one and partly the new one?
– How can a company arrange a new project if the management does not know when they will finish the current projects and when the employees will be free to take on a new project?
– How much and which way a traditional project manager has to change his/her management style or way of working in order to be an agile project manager?
– Does the software Quality Assurance function have a management reporting channel separate from the software development project management?
– What additional schedule (and cost) would be required if they continued at historical or any other lower burn rates?
– What scenarios in terms of projected cost, schedule, and scope could/should we plan for?
– Which individual role is responsible for all aspects of the delivery of the solution?
– Do project management and Change Management look the same for every initiative?
– Will reporting methods be different for agile versus traditional projects?
– What is important in the kick-off meeting to enable feedback and learning?
– How is agile project management performed in the context of virtual teams?
– How will jettisoning certain processes and structure impact the business?
– How do organizations adapt to a radically new framework such as agile?
– Can scrum do the same for globally distributed teams?
– What is the Technical aspect of Project Management?
– that is fine as far as it goes, but does this scale?
– What about when our context is not so simple?
– What project management certifications do you hold?
– what is causing us to be behind?
Association management Critical Criteria:
Explore Association management tasks and perfect Association management conflict management.
– Are accountability and ownership for Strategic HR clearly defined?
– Are we Assessing Strategic HR and Risk?
Master of Business Administration Critical Criteria:
Pilot Master of Business Administration goals and point out Master of Business Administration tensions in leadership.
Earned value management Critical Criteria:
Analyze Earned value management failures and describe which business rules are needed as Earned value management interface.
– Are there Strategic HR Models?
Academy of Management Journal Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Academy of Management Journal outcomes and shift your focus.
– Do we have past Strategic HR Successes?
Corporate knowledge Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Corporate knowledge risks and perfect Corporate knowledge conflict management.
– Think about the functions involved in your Strategic HR project. what processes flow from these functions?
Stock management Critical Criteria:
Frame Stock management goals and catalog what business benefits will Stock management goals deliver if achieved.
National Labor Relations Board Critical Criteria:
Illustrate National Labor Relations Board strategies and explore and align the progress in National Labor Relations Board.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Strategic HR been identified and analyzed?
Employment agency Critical Criteria:
Align Employment agency planning and gather practices for scaling Employment agency.
– Which Strategic HR goals are the most important?
Industrial revolution Critical Criteria:
Categorize Industrial revolution failures and find out.
Journal of Personnel Psychology Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Journal of Personnel Psychology visions and handle a jump-start course to Journal of Personnel Psychology.
Management style Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Management style quality and get answers.
– There is lots of discussion about the role of a project manager; whether a project manager is needed in the agile world or not. How much and which way a traditional project manager has to change his/her management style or way of working in order to be an agile project manager?
– Why is Strategic HR important for you now?
– Is the scope of Strategic HR defined?
Outline of business management Critical Criteria:
Boost Outline of business management quality and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Outline of business management services.
– Are there recognized Strategic HR problems?
Systems management Critical Criteria:
Face Systems management decisions and be persistent.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Strategic HR project?
Supply chain management Critical Criteria:
Graph Supply chain management strategies and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Supply chain management.
– How do supply chain management systems coordinate planning, production, and logistics with suppliers?
– What makes cloud computing well suited for supply chain management applications?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Strategic HR that make it risky?
– What is TESCM tax efficient supply chain management?
Eliyahu M. Goldratt Critical Criteria:
Guard Eliyahu M. Goldratt planning and separate what are the business goals Eliyahu M. Goldratt is aiming to achieve.
Change management Critical Criteria:
Focus on Change management management and oversee Change management management by competencies.
– Workforce Change Management How do you prepare your workforce for changing capability and capacity needs? How do you manage your workforce, its needs, and your needs to ensure continuity, prevent workforce reductions, and minimize the impact of workforce reductions, if they do become necessary? How do you prepare for and manage periods of workforce growth?
– The objective of Change Management is to ensure that standard methods and procedures are used, such that changes can be dealt with quickly, with the lowest possible impact on service quality. all changes should be traceable, in other words, one can answer the question, what changed? Do we do this?
– Has the team ensured that key cultural barriers (e.g., training and skills required for new jobs, entrenched culture, incompatible support structures, fear of downsizing) are addressed in its Change Management strategy?
– What steps have executives included in the Change Management plan to identify and address customers and stakeholders concerns about the specific process to be reengineered?
– Do you have resources, processes, and methodologies in place to provide training and organizational change management services?
– Do you have formalized processes for organizational change management within your organization?
– What are some concrete ways to help executives understand the value of change management?
– Are CSI and organizational change underpinned by Kotters change management best practices?
– Do changes in business processes fall under the scope of change management?
– Are Organizational Change managements best practices (eg Kotter) applied?
– What change management practices does your organization employ?
– When is Change Management used on a project at which level?
– When to start Change Management?
Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology issues and find out.
– Will Strategic HR deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
The Office Critical Criteria:
Add value to The Office quality and improve The Office service perception.
– Do key members of your hr, recruitment, or management team regularly travel or work from outside of the office? If so, how will they access the ats?
– Do you have guidelines or a policy in place defining the parameters for employees working on files outside of the office?
– Are the files employees work on outside of the office transferred into the office system on a regular basis?
– Do employees use laptops or home computers to work on agency business outside of the office?
– Is the Strategic HR organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Virtual management Critical Criteria:
Grasp Virtual management issues and intervene in Virtual management processes and leadership.
– What are the usability implications of Strategic HR actions?
Chief human resources officer Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Chief human resources officer outcomes and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Chief human resources officer projects.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Strategic HR?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Strategic HR Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Strategic HR External links:
8 Keys to Strategic HR Leadership
Strategic HR | Blog.SHRM.org
2018 Strategic HR Forum – hrps.org
Certified Business Manager External links:
Certified Business Manager Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
CBM Certified Business Manager (CBM) Exam Training
Certified Business Manager – SmartPros
Trade union External links:
Trade Union Badges – AbeBooks
Trade union law. (Book, 1913) [WorldCat.org]
Trade Union – Arthapedia
Succession planning External links:
Human Resources | Succession Planning
Workforce & Succession Planning
4 Tips for Efficient Succession Planning – hbr.org
Labor and Employment Relations Association External links:
Labor and Employment Relations Association, San …
Labor and Employment Relations Association – Home | Facebook
Labor and Employment Relations Association
Hewitt Associates External links:
Aon Hewitt Associates Retirement and Savings Plan | …
7201 Hewitt Associates Dr, Charlotte, NC 28262
Hewitt Associates Career Opportunities & Jobs | Monster.com
Organizational change External links:
CDT Releases Organizational Change Management and …
EdD in Organizational Change and Leadership | USC …
Business case External links:
Creating a Powerful Business Case for HR Technology
Business Case Template – MyManagementGuide.com
[PDF]Business Case Presentation – Organizational …
Human Resources External links:
Phila.gov | Human Resources | Jobs
Home | Human Resources
UAB – Human Resources – Careers
Organizational theory External links:
Organizational Theory and Behavior – StatPac
Organizational Theory Comp Flashcards | Quizlet
Lewis University Organizational Theory / Psychic prisons
Public administration External links:
Other Services (except Public Administration): NAICS 81
Earn your Online Masters in Public Administration
Journal of Management External links:
Journal of Management | ScienceDirect.com
Journal of Management, Spirituality & Religion: Vol 14, No 4
Iranian Journal of Management Studies (IJMS)
Corporate governance External links:
Morgan Stanley Corporate Governance
Visa Inc. – Corporate Governance – Management Team
Corporate Governance – About Us | Aetna
Manufacturing process management External links:
Manufacturing Process Management Solutions | …
SharePoint Manufacturing Process Management Template
Management system External links:
[PDF]FIVE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM Policies and …
WorkAbility Management System
File Management System – Techopedia.com
Innovation management External links:
Planbox Innovation Management Software – Agile Work Innovation
Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development External links:
Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
[PDF]Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development …
Business school External links:
Official GMAT Exam Website: Prepare & Plan for Business School
“The Office” Business School (TV Episode 2007) – IMDb
Columbia Business School – Official Site
Human capital External links:
PMAM :: Human Capital Management Solution
Human Capital at AISD | Austin ISD
CHCOC | Chief Human Capital Officers Council
Resource management External links:
Human resource management. (Book, 2013) [WorldCat.org]
Human Resource Management – AbeBooks
Human Resource Management – TitleHR
Work-life balance External links:
Help Your Employees Achieve Work-Life Balance
Technology management External links:
Share the Vision 2017 | UIUC Office of Technology Management
Capability management External links:
Capability Management – Center For Talent Reporting
What is business capability management? – Updated 2017
Employee performance management External links:
New Trends in Employee Performance Management | Chron.com
Employee Performance Management – About SumTotal
Employee Performance Management Questions – Contact Us
Organizational behavior External links:
Organizational Behavior – AbeBooks
Organizational behavior (Book, 2005) [WorldCat.org]
ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOR Essays – ManyEssays.com
Aspiration Management External links:
Aspiration Management – Open Anesthesia
Aspiration Management and Booking – Home | Facebook
Business administration External links:
College of Business Administration | Kent State University
Master of Business Administration – Missouri State …
[PDF]U. S. Small Business Administration – sba.gov
Business partner External links:
Cambria Business Partner Portal
Become A Business Partner With Us | Guild Mortgage
What is an HR Business Partner? | HRZone
Employee engagement External links:
WorkJam: Employee Engagement
Employee Engagement Software | Officevibe
LifeWorks – Employee Engagement & Wellbeing
Product lifecycle External links:
Bamboo Rose – Product Lifecycle Management Software
Agile Product Lifecycle Management
What is product lifecycle ? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Towers Watson External links:
Towers Watson – Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois
Careers – Willis Towers Watson
See what employees say it’s like to work at Willis Towers Watson. Salaries, reviews, and more – all posted by employees working at Willis Towers Watson.
Strategic HR External links:
Strategic HR | Blog.SHRM.org
2018 Strategic HR Forum – hrps.org
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program
Organization Science External links:
Organization Science on JSTOR
Academic administration External links:
Academic Administration | University of New Hampshire
Academic Administration | Rutgers School of Social Work
Pauly Group | Academic Administration Search …
PhD in management External links:
Online PhD in Management Degree | Walden University
PhD in Management | Maharishi University
Tuition and Fees | PhD in Management | Walden University
Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering External links:
The Department of Engineering Technology has a student chapter of the Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering (ATMAE), formerly known as the National Associtation of Industrial Technology (NAIT). All majors are encouraged to participate in the organization.
Health administration External links:
Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA)
Home | Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Mine Safety and Health Administration – Official Site
Managerial psychology External links:
Readings in Managerial Psychology, Leavitt, Pondy, Boje
Lyons publishes paper in the Journal of Managerial Psychology
MSc Managerial Psychology | Unicaf University
Collaborative method External links:
The Collaborative Method(sm) – Marshall Group
HR Magazine External links:
30 Under 30 – HR Magazine – Formsite
HR Magazine: (Top) Pay for (Best) Performance
THRIVE HR Magazine | HR Daily Advisor
Realistic job preview External links:
Realistic Job Preview – Quest Diagnostics
Realistic Job Preview – Dungarvin
Williamson’s model of managerial discretion External links:
Williamson’s model of managerial discretion
http://Oliver E. Williamson hypothesised that profit maximization would not be the objective of the managers of a joint stock organisation. This theory, like other managerial theories of the firm, assumes that utility maximisation is a manager’s sole objective. However it is only in a corporate form of business organisation that a self-interest seeking manager 3maximise his/her own utility, since there exists a separation of ownership and control. The managers can use their ‘discretion’ to frame and execute policies which would maximise their own utilities rather than maximising the shareholders’ utilities. This is essentially the principal–agent problem. This could however threaten their job security, if a minimum level of profit is not attained by the firm to distribute among the shareholders.
Brand management External links:
Our Brand Management Solution – MarketNow – …
BMP – Brand Management Professionals
BlueSky ETO – Brand Management Software Customized …
Performance appraisal External links:
Ch 24 -PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL Flashcards | Quizlet
[PDF]Annual Performance Appraisal Checklist for …
Employee Performance Appraisal and Evaluation Phrases
Project management External links:
LearnSmart IT & Project Management Online Training …
Association management External links:
A+ Events | Association Management – Title I
Association Management Concepts, Inc
Master of Business Administration External links:
Master of Business Administration – Missouri State …
Earned value management External links:
Earned Value Management | Learning Tree International
Quiz & Worksheet – Earned Value Management | Study.com
Academy of Management Journal External links:
The Academy of Management Journal on JSTOR
Corporate knowledge External links:
“Collective Corporate Knowledge, the Federal False …
5 Benefits Of Corporate Knowledge Sharing – eLearning …
Corporate Knowledge Management – University of …
Stock management External links:
The Professor’s One-Minute Guide to Stock Management
AS Softnet™::Web Application.,ERP,stock management…
GoPro Inc (GPRO) Stock Management’s Cure Is Worse …
National Labor Relations Board External links:
National Labor Relations Board | United States …
National Labor Relations Board – SourceWatch
Employment agency External links:
Staffmark – Staffing company | Employment agency with …
ABR Employment Agency Work Ready Talent – abrjobs.com
Industrial revolution External links:
Industrial Revolution Timeline – softschools.com
Industrial Revolution – Facts & Summary – HISTORY.com
Smart Factory Expo | Fourth Industrial Revolution 4IR
Journal of Personnel Psychology External links:
Citation Machine: Journal Of Personnel Psychology …
Management style External links:
Management Styles | Fairygodboss
What Is Your ‘Game of Thrones’ Management Style?
How to Develop Your Management Style and Assemble …
Outline of business management External links:
An outline of business management. (Book, 1951) …
Systems management External links:
Geographic Information Systems Management Office – …
Welcome to the Mail Systems Management Association
Supply chain management External links:
Logistics, Supply Chain Management and Order …
Department of Supply Chain Management | Eli Broad …
Eliyahu M. Goldratt External links:
Eliyahu M. Goldratt – Home | Facebook
The Goal by Eliyahu M. Goldratt on iBooks – iTunes – Apple
Eliyahu M. Goldratt – Home | Facebook
Change management External links:
CDT Releases Organizational Change Management and …
DCCA Change Management
What is change management? – Definition from WhatIs.com
The Office External links:
The Office (TV Series 2005–2013) – IMDb
Virtual management External links:
Careers with Virtual Management | Association …
[DOC]Virtual Management, Inc – evaforhire.com
VIRTUAL MANAGEMENT AT ACCENTURE Essays
Chief human resources officer External links:
Dermot J. O’Brien | Chief Human Resources Officer | ADP