What is involved in Data Management
Find out what the related areas are that Data Management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Data Management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Enterprise Metadata Management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Enterprise Metadata Management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Data Management related domains to cover and 369 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Data Management, Data cleansing, Data quality assurance, Random access, Information ladder, Metadata registry, Data warehouse, Information repository, Extract, transform, load, Identity management, Information architecture, Corporate Data Quality Management, Records management, Business intelligence, Solution stack, Hierarchical storage management, Data analysis, Email address, Information management, Document management, Computer data storage, Data access, Knowledge management, Metadata discovery, Database administration, Data asset, Competence Center Corporate Data Quality, Data retention, Controlled vocabulary, Information system, Database management system, Data privacy, Customer data integration, Telephone number, Data mining, Process Management, CRM software, Marketing operations, Identity theft, Data integration, Data curation, Business continuity planning, Data enrichment, Performance report, Information design, Data integrity, Big data, Digital preservation, Information Lifecycle Management, Data maintenance, Document management system, Data management plan, Data security, Enterprise content management, Data Management, Data theft, Master data management, Enterprise architecture, Data governance, Data processing, Data modeling, Reference data, Data erasure, Open data, Data architecture, ERP software, Data proliferation, Machine-Readable Documents, Metadata publishing, Relational database, System integration:
Data Management Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Data Management tasks and customize techniques for implementing Data Management controls.
– Are the data and associated software produced and/or used in the project accessible and in what modalities, scope, licenses (e.g. licencing framework for research and education, embargo periods, commercial exploitation, etc.)?
– Are the data and associated software produced and/or used in the project discoverable (and readily located), identifiable by means of a standard identification mechanism (e.g. digital object identifier)?
– If data are stored in an unusual or not generally accessible format, will they be converted to a more common format for storage or sharing?
– Does the original data collector/ creator/ principal owner retain the right to use the data before opening it up to wider use?
– How will the repository monitor access to ensure that restrictions are being enforced?
– What is your long-term plan for preservation and maintenance of the data?
– Who is responsible for managing the data and the data management plan?
– How will re-appraisal of data be managed within the repository system?
– Property availability is the assigned external property available?
– How can an organization understand what data it needs to manage?
– Are the data included in an official system-wide report?
– Where will the data and data management plan be stored?
– What data would be prohibitively expensive to recreate?
– What is the process for gaining access to your data?
– How do you make your data meaningful to others?
– What is your backup plan for the data?
– What is involved in data management?
– Any conditions of use and access?
– What is the information context?
– How will the data be captured?
Data cleansing Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Data cleansing strategies and raise human resource and employment practices for Data cleansing.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Data Management process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Data Management process available?
– Is there an ongoing data cleansing procedure to look for rot (redundant, obsolete, trivial content)?
– Why is Data Management important for you now?
– What will drive Data Management change?
Data quality assurance Critical Criteria:
Grasp Data quality assurance projects and secure Data quality assurance creativity.
– How do we manage Data Management Knowledge Management (KM)?
– What are the usability implications of Data Management actions?
– What is our formula for success in Data Management ?
Random access Critical Criteria:
Dissect Random access quality and test out new things.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Data Management objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Will Data Management deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Is the scope of Data Management defined?
Information ladder Critical Criteria:
Categorize Information ladder quality and look in other fields.
– What is the purpose of Data Management in relation to the mission?
– How to Secure Data Management?
Metadata registry Critical Criteria:
Derive from Metadata registry tasks and ask what if.
– How would one define Data Management leadership?
– Are there recognized Data Management problems?
Data warehouse Critical Criteria:
Debate over Data warehouse risks and triple focus on important concepts of Data warehouse relationship management.
– What tier data server has been identified for the storage of decision support data contained in a data warehouse?
– Do we need an enterprise data warehouse, a Data Lake, or both as part of our overall data architecture?
– What does a typical data warehouse and business intelligence organizational structure look like?
– Does big data threaten the traditional data warehouse business intelligence model stack?
– Is data warehouseing necessary for our business intelligence service?
– Is Data Warehouseing necessary for a business intelligence service?
– What business benefits will Data Management goals deliver if achieved?
– What is the purpose of data warehouses and data marts?
– What are alternatives to building a data warehouse?
– Do we offer a good introduction to data warehouse?
– Do you still need a data warehouse?
– Centralized data warehouse?
Information repository Critical Criteria:
Audit Information repository decisions and devise Information repository key steps.
– Is there a Data Management Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Data Management with what users do day-to-day?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Data Management?
Extract, transform, load Critical Criteria:
Align Extract, transform, load issues and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Extract, transform, load decisions.
– Think about the functions involved in your Data Management project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Data Management?
– Have all basic functions of Data Management been defined?
Identity management Critical Criteria:
Survey Identity management risks and revise understanding of Identity management architectures.
– With so many identity management systems proposed, the big question is which one, if any, will provide the identity solution to become standard across the internet?
– Do we keep track of who the leading providers of identity management products and services are, and what are their key offerings, differentiators and strategies?
– Which customers cant participate in our Data Management domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– How is the market for identity management evolving in new technologies, market trends and drivers, and user requirements?
– Did we develop our saas identity management solution in house or was it acquired from other vendors?
– Complement identity management and help desk solutions with closedloop import and export?
– Do the Data Management decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Have you identified your Data Management key performance indicators?
– What is the security -life cycle identity management business case?
– What are the identity management facilities of the provider?
– What is a secure identity management infrastructure?
– What is identity management to us (idm)?
– How can identity management help?
– What about identity management?
Information architecture Critical Criteria:
Gauge Information architecture quality and get out your magnifying glass.
– Should typography be included as a key skill in information architecture or even interaction design?
– Is there a plan for ongoing measurement and evaluation of usage, navigation, search, etc?
– Is there a requirement for tagging information elements and their relationships?
– How best show combinations of facets that consist of large hierarchies?
– Should the solution facilitate discovery of related information?
– What are the steps to take when developing a mobile application?
– Is this content better suited for a PDF (or other download)?
– What are the global requirements for the entire collection?
– Are there any information policies that should be followed?
– How do you use it -how will the user interact with it?
– How can I contribute to my community most effectively?
– Do you need to be artistic to be a good web designer?
– What are the short and long-term goals of the site?
– How should your website content be organized?
– Who Should Be the Information Architect?
– What could the W3C add in this arena?
– How do users see the information?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Who needs this content?
– How do we index?
Corporate Data Quality Management Critical Criteria:
Investigate Corporate Data Quality Management tactics and do something to it.
– Among the Data Management product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– How do we go about Comparing Data Management approaches/solutions?
Records management Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Records management engagements and display thorough understanding of the Records management process.
– Have records center personnel received training on the records management aspects of the Quality Assurance program?
– Is the Data Management organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Data Management that make it risky?
– Can we do Data Management without complex (expensive) analysis?
Business intelligence Critical Criteria:
Categorize Business intelligence quality and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Business intelligence is getting what it needs.
– Does your BI solution honor distinctions with dashboards that automatically authenticate and provide the appropriate level of detail based on a users privileges to the data source?
– Does the software let users work with the existing data infrastructure already in place, freeing your IT team from creating more cubes, universes, and standalone marts?
– When users are more fluid and guest access is a must, can you choose hardware-based licensing that is tailored to your exact configuration needs?
– Does the software provide fast query performance, either via its own fast in-memory software or by directly connecting to fast data stores?
– Does your software provide roleand group-based security options that allow business users to securely create and publish their work?
– what is the most effective tool for Statistical Analysis Business Analytics and Business Intelligence?
– What are some successful business intelligence BI apps that have been built on an existing platform?
– Does your software facilitate the setting of thresholds and provide alerts to users?
– Who prioritizes, conducts and monitors business intelligence projects?
– Describe the process of data transformation required by your system?
– Does your BI solution require weeks or months to deploy or change?
– What are the main full web business intelligence solutions?
– Can Business Intelligence BI meet business expectations?
– What are some real time data analysis frameworks?
– What business intelligence systems are available?
– What level of training would you recommend?
– What is required to present video images?
– What are typical reporting applications?
Solution stack Critical Criteria:
Explore Solution stack governance and budget for Solution stack challenges.
– How do we measure improved Data Management service perception, and satisfaction?
Hierarchical storage management Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Hierarchical storage management governance and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Hierarchical storage management information.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Data Management services/products?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Data Management study?
– Is Data Management Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Data analysis Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Data analysis governance and get out your magnifying glass.
– What is the difference between Data Analytics Data Analysis Data Mining and Data Science?
– How can you measure Data Management in a systematic way?
Email address Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Email address visions and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Email address services.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Data Management is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– In CRM we keep record of email addresses and phone numbers of our customers employees. Will we now need to ask for explicit permission to store them?
– Who is currently performing the database work, and how big is the legacy database in terms of addresses, email addresses, touches, preferences?
– Are a customers business phone number; business email address and business IP address also considered to be personal data?
– Who are the key service provider and customer contacts (name, phone number, email address)?
– Are there Data Management problems defined?
Information management Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Information management leadership and know what your objective is.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Data Management values?
– What is the difference between Enterprise Information Management and Data Warehousing?
– How is Business Intelligence and Information Management related?
– What are internal and external Data Management relations?
Document management Critical Criteria:
Guide Document management strategies and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Document management projects.
– Will Data Management have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What is the role of digital document management in business continuity planning management?
– What is the source of the strategies for Data Management strengthening and reform?
Computer data storage Critical Criteria:
Graph Computer data storage decisions and look for lots of ideas.
– Does the Data Management task fit the clients priorities?
– How do we maintain Data Managements Integrity?
Data access Critical Criteria:
Boost Data access planning and customize techniques for implementing Data access controls.
– Have internal procedural controls been established to manage user data access, including security screenings, training, and confidentiality agreements required for staff with pii access privileges?
– What impact would the naming conventions and the use of homegrown software have on later data access?
– What are the data access requirements for standard file, message, and data management?
– What should be our public authorities policy with regards to data access?
– What impact would the naming conventions have on later data access?
– What are the effects software updates have on later data access?
– What are the implications of tracking/monitoring data access?
– Who sets the Data Management standards?
– How can we improve Data Management?
– How are data accessed?
Knowledge management Critical Criteria:
Infer Knowledge management failures and report on the economics of relationships managing Knowledge management and constraints.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Data Management project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What are the best practices in knowledge management for IT Service management ITSM?
– What best practices in knowledge management for Service management do we use?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Data Management?
– When is Knowledge Management Measured?
– How is Knowledge Management Measured?
Metadata discovery Critical Criteria:
Understand Metadata discovery outcomes and oversee implementation of Metadata discovery.
– Consider your own Data Management project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– How will you know that the Data Management project has been successful?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Data Management activities?
Database administration Critical Criteria:
Look at Database administration risks and find out what it really means.
– Rapid application development (rad) techniques have been around for about two decades now and have been used with varying degrees of success. sometimes rad is required for certain projects. but rad can be bad for database design. why?
– Disaster recovery planning, also called contingency planning, is the process of preparing your organizations assets and operations in case of a disaster. but what do we define as a disaster?
– What are our disaster recovery goal prioritazations? Do we want to get the system up as quickly as possible?
– How do we Improve Data Management service perception, and satisfaction?
– Who will provide the final approval of Data Management deliverables?
– Who should be called in case of Disaster Recovery?
Data asset Critical Criteria:
Talk about Data asset tasks and innovate what needs to be done with Data asset.
– What are the particular research needs of your organization on big data analytics that you find essential to adequately handle your data assets?
– Is there a catalog of all data assets that will be used or stored in the cloud environment?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Data Management requirements in detail?
Competence Center Corporate Data Quality Critical Criteria:
Face Competence Center Corporate Data Quality failures and change contexts.
– What are our needs in relation to Data Management skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Data retention Critical Criteria:
Examine Data retention adoptions and correct Data retention management by competencies.
– Traditional data protection principles include fair and lawful data processing; data collection for specified, explicit, and legitimate purposes; accurate and kept up-to-date data; data retention for no longer than necessary. Are additional principles and requirements necessary for IoT applications?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Data Management forward?
Controlled vocabulary Critical Criteria:
Drive Controlled vocabulary decisions and be persistent.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Data Management activities?
– How can the value of Data Management be defined?
Information system Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Information system management and devise Information system key steps.
– Have we developed a continuous monitoring strategy for the information systems (including monitoring of security control effectiveness for system-specific, hybrid, and common controls) that reflects the organizational Risk Management strategy and organizational commitment to protecting critical missions and business functions?
– On what terms should a manager of information systems evolution and maintenance provide service and support to the customers of information systems evolution and maintenance?
– Has your organization conducted a cyber risk or vulnerability assessment of its information systems, control systems, and other networked systems?
– Are information security events and weaknesses associated with information systems communicated in a manner to allow timely corrective action to be taken?
– Would an information systems (is) group with more knowledge about a data production process produce better quality data for data consumers?
– Are information systems and the services of information systems things of value that have suppliers and customers?
– What does the customer get from the information systems performance, and on what does that depend, and when?
– What are the principal business applications (i.e. information systems available from staff PC desktops)?
– Why Learn About Security, Privacy, and Ethical Issues in Information Systems and the Internet?
– How secure -well protected against potential risks is the information system ?
– Is unauthorized access to information held in information systems prevented?
– What does integrity ensure in an information system?
– Is authorized user access to information systems ensured?
– How are our information systems developed ?
– Is security an integral part of information systems?
Database management system Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Database management system governance and drive action.
– Can we add value to the current Data Management decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– In a project to restructure Data Management outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– What database management systems have been implemented?
– What are our Data Management Processes?
Data privacy Critical Criteria:
Categorize Data privacy strategies and find out.
– Are stakeholders, including eligible students or students parents, regularly notified about their rights under applicable federal and state laws governing data privacy?
– Will the GDPR set up a one-stop-shop for data privacy regulation?
– Are accountability and ownership for Data Management clearly defined?
Customer data integration Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Customer data integration failures and attract Customer data integration skills.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Data Management products are done in a way that ensures safety?
Telephone number Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Telephone number issues and arbitrate Telephone number techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Do those selected for the Data Management team have a good general understanding of what Data Management is all about?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Data Management strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Are there Data Management Models?
Data mining Critical Criteria:
Boost Data mining planning and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Data mining information.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Data Management project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Data Management project lifecycle?
– Do you see the need to clarify copyright aspects of the data-driven innovation (e.g. with respect to technologies such as text and data mining)?
– What types of transactional activities and data mining are being used and where do we see the greatest potential benefits?
– What is the difference between business intelligence business analytics and data mining?
– Is business intelligence set to play a key role in the future of Human Resources?
– What programs do we have to teach data mining?
Process Management Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Process Management results and revise understanding of Process Management architectures.
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– Does Data Management systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– How can skill-level changes improve Data Management?
CRM software Critical Criteria:
Value CRM software projects and test out new things.
– Is Data Management dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Is there an organized user group specifically for the CRM software?
– Are assumptions made in Data Management stated explicitly?
Marketing operations Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Marketing operations goals and ask what if.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Data Management process?
– How important is Data Management to the user organizations mission?
Identity theft Critical Criteria:
Depict Identity theft governance and budget for Identity theft challenges.
– Identity theft could also be an inside job. Employees at big companies that host e-mail services have physical access to e-mail accounts. How do you know nobodys reading it?
– How will you measure your Data Management effectiveness?
Data integration Critical Criteria:
Systematize Data integration visions and check on ways to get started with Data integration.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Data Management product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Data Management does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– In which area(s) do data integration and BI, as part of Fusion Middleware, help our IT infrastructure?
– Which Oracle Data Integration products are used in your solution?
– Does Data Management appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Data curation Critical Criteria:
Guard Data curation governance and oversee Data curation requirements.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Data Management processes?
Business continuity planning Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Business continuity planning outcomes and remodel and develop an effective Business continuity planning strategy.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Data Management. How do we gain traction?
– What is business continuity planning and why is it important?
Data enrichment Critical Criteria:
Rank Data enrichment projects and describe the risks of Data enrichment sustainability.
Performance report Critical Criteria:
Rank Performance report strategies and prioritize challenges of Performance report.
– Do we obtain it performance reports illustrating the value of it from a business driver perspective (Customer Service, cost, agility, quality, etc.)?
Information design Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Information design planning and track iterative Information design results.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Data Management models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What are the best places schools to study data visualization information design or information architecture?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Data Management?
Data integrity Critical Criteria:
Grade Data integrity strategies and gather practices for scaling Data integrity.
– Integrity/availability/confidentiality: How are data integrity, availability, and confidentiality maintained in the cloud?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Data Management opportunities costing us money?
– Data Integrity, Is it SAP created?
– Can we rely on the Data Integrity?
– Do we have past Data Management Successes?
Big data Critical Criteria:
Chart Big data failures and balance specific methods for improving Big data results.
– While a move from Oracles MySQL may be necessary because of its inability to handle key big data use cases, why should that move involve a switch to Apache Cassandra and DataStax Enterprise?
– From all the data collected by your organization, what is approximately the percentage that is further processed for value generation?
– What are the main obstacles that prevent you from having access to all the datasets that are relevant for your organization?
– Are we collecting data once and using it many times, or duplicating data collection efforts and submerging data in silos?
– Is the software compatible with new database formats for raw, unstructured, and semi-structured big data?
– Future: Given the focus on Big Data where should the Chief Executive for these initiatives report?
– Which core Oracle Business Intelligence or Big Data Analytics products are used in your solution?
– Which other Oracle Business Intelligence products are used in your solution?
– How can the benefits of Big Data collection and applications be measured?
– What is the right technique for distributing domains across processors?
– Can analyses improve with better system and environment models?
– Big Data: what is different from large databases?
– How to model context in a computational environment?
– More efficient all-to-all operations (similarities)?
– Wait, DevOps does not apply to Big Data?
– What preprocessing do we need to do?
– Does Big Data Really Need HPC?
– What about Volunteered data?
– How robust are the results?
– What are we missing?
Digital preservation Critical Criteria:
Test Digital preservation outcomes and forecast involvement of future Digital preservation projects in development.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Data Management goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
Information Lifecycle Management Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Information Lifecycle Management visions and finalize specific methods for Information Lifecycle Management acceptance.
– What about Data Management Analysis of results?
Data maintenance Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Data maintenance planning and intervene in Data maintenance processes and leadership.
– Is a Data Management Team Work effort in place?
Document management system Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Document management system failures and define Document management system competency-based leadership.
– For your Data Management project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Does Data Management create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
Data management plan Critical Criteria:
Mix Data management plan goals and ask what if.
– What would be needed in a data management plan to describe use of novel equipment?
– When a Data Management manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Should the data management plan be kept with the data?
– What is a data management plan?
Data security Critical Criteria:
Recall Data security planning and maintain Data security for success.
– Does Data Management include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Does the cloud solution offer equal or greater data security capabilities than those provided by your organizations data center?
– What are the minimum data security requirements for a database containing personal financial transaction records?
– Do these concerns about data security negate the value of storage-as-a-service in the cloud?
– What are the challenges related to cloud computing data security?
– So, what should you do to mitigate these risks to data security?
– Does it contain data security obligations?
– What is Data Security at Physical Layer?
– What is Data Security at Network Layer?
– How will you manage data security?
Enterprise content management Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Enterprise content management planning and define what our big hairy audacious Enterprise content management goal is.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Data Management in a volatile global economy?
– What are the barriers to increased Data Management production?
Data Management Critical Criteria:
Study Data Management tactics and figure out ways to motivate other Data Management users.
– Have standard policies and procedures about all aspects of data governance and th edata management lifecycle, including collection, maintenance, usage and dissemination, been clearly defined and documented?
– What metadata/documentation will be submitted alongside the data or created on deposit/ transformation in order to make the data reusable?
– What file formats and naming conventions will be used for the separate data sources and for the integrated file used for analysis?
– What procedures does your intended long-term data storage facility have in place for preservation and backup?
– Have you evaluated potential legal concerns associated with outsourcing Data Management to a cloud provider?
– What policies do we need to develop or enhance to ensure the quality control of data gathered?
– Are the data disseminated internally only or made available outside the organization?
– Is there someone checking to ensure that backups are being done properly?
– Are there any data with confidentiality issues (e.g., embargo period)?
– How long will/should data be kept beyond the life of the project?
– What is the relationship between your data and existing data?
– How will the metadata be associated with the data?
– Regional databases with access for other parties?
– How will the impact on sharing data be mitigated?
– What is the configuration of the information?
– What is your plan for managing the data?
– Is the dataset covered by copyright?
– What is the goal of data management?
– What data are included?
Data theft Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Data theft goals and triple focus on important concepts of Data theft relationship management.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Data Management process?
– How is the value delivered by Data Management being measured?
Master data management Critical Criteria:
Group Master data management management and document what potential Master data management megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– What are some of the master data management architecture patterns?
– Why should we use or invest in a Master Data Management product?
– What Is Master Data Management?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Enterprise architecture issues and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Enterprise architecture decisions.
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Data governance Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Data governance governance and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Data governance results.
– Does the organization have policies and procedures in place to ensure that data are accurate, complete, timely, and relevant to stakeholder needs?
– Along with your mission, be sure to develop a clear vision. what could your organization look like with a mature data governance program?
– Is collecting this data element the most efficient way to influence practice, policy, or research?
– Does the expected return on investment (roi) of this new collection justify putting it in place?
– How can access to your enterprise databases be protected, monitored and audited?
– Where in your organization are your key data processes and players?
– what is the difference between data governance and it governance?
– Does a User interface survey show which search ui is better ?
– What activities does the governance board need to consider?
– Can the data element be clearly and commonly defined?
– When is the best time to discover data opportunities?
– Why is the need to implement data governance urgent?
– How does it get refreshed when there is a crash?
– How has data governance worked in real life?
– What are the benefits of data governance?
– Is the information identifiable?
– Were not doing what?
– Who is responsible ?
– Other data stewards?
Data processing Critical Criteria:
Chart Data processing tactics and oversee Data processing management by competencies.
– What are some strategies for capacity planning for big data processing and cloud computing?
– Who regulates/controls wording of the Consent for personal data processing document?
– Do we monitor the Data Management decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Can the consent for personal data processing be granted to us over the phone?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Data Management been identified and analyzed?
– Do you see a need to share data processing facilities?
Data modeling Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Data modeling decisions and separate what are the business goals Data modeling is aiming to achieve.
– what is the best design framework for Data Management organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– How much does Data Management help?
Reference data Critical Criteria:
Study Reference data strategies and observe effective Reference data.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Data Management delivery for example is new software needed?
Data erasure Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Data erasure visions and do something to it.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Data Management? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What are the long-term Data Management goals?
Open data Critical Criteria:
Mine Open data tactics and oversee Open data management by competencies.
Data architecture Critical Criteria:
Shape Data architecture governance and tour deciding if Data architecture progress is made.
– Can we describe the data architecture and relationship between key variables. for example, are data stored in a spreadsheet with one row for each person/entity, a relational database, or some other format?
– Does your bi software work well with both centralized and decentralized data architectures and vendors?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Data Management moving forward?
– How do we keep improving Data Management?
ERP software Critical Criteria:
Focus on ERP software outcomes and finalize specific methods for ERP software acceptance.
– What ERP software has B2B B2C eCommerce WebStore Integration?
Data proliferation Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Data proliferation projects and shift your focus.
– How to deal with Data Management Changes?
Machine-Readable Documents Critical Criteria:
Gauge Machine-Readable Documents outcomes and pay attention to the small things.
Metadata publishing Critical Criteria:
Read up on Metadata publishing quality and adopt an insight outlook.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Data Management leader?
Relational database Critical Criteria:
Sort Relational database decisions and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Relational database.
– Does Data Management analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
System integration Critical Criteria:
Prioritize System integration governance and achieve a single System integration view and bringing data together.
– How do you address back-end system integration?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Enterprise Metadata Management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Data Management External links:
Meter Data Management System (MDMS)
What is data management? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Fountas & Pinnell Literacy Online Data Management System
Data cleansing External links:
Data Cleansing Solution – Salesforce.com
Data quality assurance External links:
Data Quality Assurance Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Environmental Sampling Design & Data Quality Assurance …
Data quality assurance – SearchDataManagement
Random access External links:
What is RAM – Random Access Memory? Webopedia …
What is SRAM (static random access memory)? – …
What is RAM? (aka Random Access Memory or Main …
Metadata registry External links:
A Metadata Registry for the Semantic Web – D-Lib Magazine
Aristotle Metadata Registry – Home
METADATA REGISTRY, ISO/IEC 11179 (Journal Article) | …
Data warehouse External links:
HRSA Data Warehouse Home Page
Title 2 Data Warehouse – Data.gov
Condition Categories – Chronic Conditions Data Warehouse
Information repository External links:
DoDMERB Secure Applicant Information Repository – …
DoDMERB Secure Applicant Information Repository
Information Repository – Odoo
Extract, transform, load External links:
What is ETL (Extract, Transform, Load)? Webopedia …
ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) Database
Identity management External links:
Login Page – Planned Parenthood Identity Management
Colorado Department of Education Identity Management
Director Identity Management Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Information architecture External links:
Information Architecture Basics | Usability.gov
Information Architecture – AbeBooks
The Age of Information Architecture | UX Booth
Corporate Data Quality Management External links:
Corporate Data Quality Management | EFQM
CDQM means Corporate Data Quality Management – All …
Records management External links:
Records Management Policy | Policies & Procedures
Records Management by Federal Agencies (44 U.S.C. …
Business intelligence External links:
Business Intelligence Tools & Software | Square
Business Intelligence Software – ERP & Project …
EnsembleIQ | The premier business intelligence resource
Solution stack External links:
Nodus eStore Solution Stack Sales Tax Automation – Avalara
What is a Solution Stack? – Definition from Techopedia
Hierarchical storage management External links:
Skill Pages – Hierarchical storage management | Dice.com
What is HSM (Hierarchical Storage Management)?
Taxes: Hierarchical Storage Management – The Old New …
Data analysis External links:
Equity in Athletics Data Analysis – US Department of …
Data Analysis – Illinois State Board of Education
Email address External links:
Find any email address with Clearbit Connect
YOPmail – Disposable Email Address
Unique email address @GMX.com: Free & feature-packed
Information management External links:
Health Information Management (HIM) Education and …
Information Management | Information Management
Document management External links:
What is Document Management? – DocuVantage
Document Management Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Document Management Incorporated :: Motor Vehicle Solutions
Computer data storage External links:
Computer Data Storage Terms Flashcards | Quizlet
Dell Computer Data Storage & Backup Devices | Dell …
Computer Data Storage Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Data access External links:
Colorado State Courts – Data Access – Home
StaffLink Online Data Access
North Dakota Public Data Access
Knowledge management External links:
A hub for technical knowledge management. — NDCAC
APQC’s 2018 Knowledge Management Conference
Knowledge Management System – Login
Metadata discovery External links:
Silwood Technology – Safyr® Metadata Discovery Software
Improved Metadata Discovery process performance in …
Database administration External links:
What is Database Administration? – Definition from Techopedia
Data asset External links:
Our Data Asset | JPMorgan Chase Institute
A data asset also includes a service that may be provided to access data from an application. For example, a service that returns individual records from a database would be a data asset. Similarly, a Web site that returns data in response to specific queries (for example, www. weather.com) would be a data asset.
Data Asset definitions – Defined Term
Competence Center Corporate Data Quality External links:
Competence Center Corporate Data Quality | CDQ AG – …
Data retention External links:
[DOC]Data Retention Policy – hr.waddell.com
[PDF]data retention policy – LandStar Tile Agency Inc.
http://www.landstartitle.net/Disclosures/data retention policy.pdf
Controlled vocabulary External links:
I Can Read It! Books | Controlled Vocabulary Books | Sonlight
What Is A Controlled Vocabulary? – Boxes and Arrows
ERIC – Free Text vs. Controlled Vocabulary; A …
Information system External links:
National Motor Vehicle Title Information System
National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS)
National Motor Vehicle Title Information System
Database management system External links:
Petroleum Database Management System (PDMS)
Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) – Techopedia.com
Data privacy External links:
The Latest Data Privacy Debacle – The New York Times
[PDF]Data Privacy and Security P1 – Dependent Eligibility Audits
Customer data integration External links:
Experian | Customer Data Integration CDI
Customer Data Integration | CDI | MuleSoft
Create a Single Customer View With Customer Data Integration
Telephone number External links:
PERS | Emergency Response Telephone Number
Data mining External links:
Data Mining – Sharper Insight. Smarter Investing.
Analytics and Data Mining Programs
What is Data Mining in Healthcare?
Process Management External links:
Infosys BPM – Business Process Management | BPM …
HEFLO BPM | Business Process Management
Process management in spinning (eBook, 2015) …
CRM software External links:
Simple CRM Software – Highrise
The Best CRM Software of 2017 | Top Ten Reviews
CRM Software for Sales Acceleration | Base CRM
Marketing operations External links:
What is Marketing Operations? | Centric
About Aprimo – Aprimo Marketing Operations
Aprimo Marketing Operations
Identity theft External links:
Land Title: Identity Theft
[PDF]Form 14039 Identity Theft Affidavit
Data integration External links:
Data Integration Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Data Integration – Kettle | Hitachi Vantara Community
Data curation External links:
Data curation (Book, 2017) [WorldCat.org]
What is data curation? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Business continuity planning External links:
Business Continuity Planning Suite | Ready.gov
Business Continuity Planning – BCP
Business Continuity Planning Flashcards | Quizlet
Data enrichment External links:
What is Data Enrichment | IGI Global
Verinovum – Data Enrichment & Interchange Platform
Playment: Training data for AI, Data Enrichment Services
Performance report External links:
[PDF]DHS FY15-17 Annual Performance Report
Public ADS-B Performance Report
[PDF]Public ADS B Performance Report (PAPR) User’s Guide
Information design External links:
MIT 4.s02: Information Design | Fathom
Information Design: The Understanding Discipline
Information design (Book, 1999) [WorldCat.org]
Data integrity External links:
Data Integrity Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
[PDF]IMPROVING TITLE I DATA INTEGRITY FOR …
Data Integrity Jobs – Apply Now | CareerBuilder
Digital preservation External links:
Digital Preservation | The G.S. 132 Files
Archivematica: open-source digital preservation system
Digital Preservation – The Lone Arrangers
Information Lifecycle Management External links:
Enterprise Information Lifecycle Management
Information Lifecycle Management Simplified
Data maintenance External links:
Data Maintenance | Digital Data Technologies Inc
[PDF]Chapter 9 – Data Maintenance – Michigan – SOM
Data Maintenance Specialist Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Document management system External links:
ARB Document Management System
Casnet – Document Management System & Scanning …
Document Management System (DMS) | Choose Laserfiche
Data management plan External links:
Write a data management plan | Data management
Data Management Plan Examples | NCSU Libraries
NSF-ENG: Data Management Plan Requirements
Data security External links:
What is Data Security? – Definition from Techopedia
[PDF]INSURANCE DATA SECURITY MODEL LAW Table of …
Enterprise content management External links:
Softdocs – Enterprise Content Management (ECM), E …
Enterprise Content Management Solutions | ECM Solutions
Best Enterprise Content Management (ECM) Software in …
Data Management External links:
What is data management? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Meter Data Management System (MDMS)
CardioStream | A Cloud Based PACS Data Management …
Master data management External links:
Best Master Data Management (MDM) Software – G2 Crowd
Infor Master Data Management
MDM Platform | Master Data Management Platform | Profisee
Enterprise architecture External links:
Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA) | The White House
Enterprise Architecture | North Dakota ITD
Zachman International – Enterprise Architecture
Data governance External links:
Data Governance – Do Job Titles Matter? – DATAVERSITY
Data Governance Jobs | Glassdoor
DGPO | Data Governance Professionals Organization
Data processing External links:
Data Processing Services are Taxable
Data Factory – Data processing service | Microsoft Azure
Automatic Data Processing – Press Releases
Data modeling External links:
What is Data Modeling? Webopedia Definition
Data modeling (Book, 1995) [WorldCat.org]
Data modeling (Book, 1999) [WorldCat.org]
Reference data External links:
What is reference data? – Definition from WhatIs.com
wsodata.com – Loan Reference Data Login
Reference data : CIBSE guide C. (Book, 2007) [WorldCat.org]
Data erasure External links:
Data Erasure Solutions | Ontrack
Data Erasure & Data Compliance | Xtech Global
Enterprise Data Erasure
Open data External links:
California Health and Human Services Open Data Portal
Oregon | Open Data | Oregon transparency
County of Sonoma | Open Data | Open Data | Sonoma County
ERP software External links:
Cloud ERP Software Apps on the Salesforce Platform
Best Cloud ERP Software – NetSuite.com
http://ad · www.NetSuite.com/BestERP/Software
Munis Software | Financial ERP Software | Tyler Technologies
Data proliferation External links:
[PDF]Data Proliferation STOP THAT – THIC
What Is Data Proliferation? (with picture) – wiseGEEK
Relational database External links:
Cloud SQL – MySQL & PostgreSQL Relational Database …
Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS) – AWS
How to Design Relational Database with ERD?
System integration External links:
Smart Grid Solutions | Smart Grid System Integration …
System Integration | Industrial Automation
WSI – Wireless System Integration – is an IoT enabler