What is involved in Application Portfolio Management
Find out what the related areas are that Application Portfolio Management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Application Portfolio Management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Application Portfolio Management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Application Portfolio Management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Application Portfolio Management related domains to cover and 92 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Application Portfolio Management, Active Server Pages, Application software, Application store, Cabinet, Dynamic Link Library, Excel spreadsheet, Financial portfolio, Forrester Research, IT portfolio management, Information technology, Legacy system, Microsoft Excel, Mobile application, Return on Investment, Service-oriented architecture, Software component, Web service, Zip file:
Application Portfolio Management Critical Criteria:
See the value of Application Portfolio Management issues and get out your magnifying glass.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Application Portfolio Management activities?
– How do we Identify specific Application Portfolio Management investment and emerging trends?
– Are assumptions made in Application Portfolio Management stated explicitly?
Active Server Pages Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Active Server Pages tasks and report on setting up Active Server Pages without losing ground.
– Does Application Portfolio Management analysis show the relationships among important Application Portfolio Management factors?
– Who will provide the final approval of Application Portfolio Management deliverables?
– How do we Lead with Application Portfolio Management in Mind?
Application software Critical Criteria:
Frame Application software projects and display thorough understanding of the Application software process.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Application Portfolio Management project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Application Portfolio Management project lifecycle?
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Application Portfolio Management. How do we gain traction?
– How do you manage the new access devices using their own new application software?
– Is the process effectively supported by the legacy application software?
– Do we all define Application Portfolio Management in the same way?
Application store Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Application store outcomes and ask what if.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Application Portfolio Management services/products?
– What are the disruptive Application Portfolio Management technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
Cabinet Critical Criteria:
Focus on Cabinet strategies and sort Cabinet activities.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Application Portfolio Management processes?
– Are media storing data (e.g. dvds, backups, flash drives) encrypted and secured in locked rooms, cabinets or the like?
– Dvds, backups, flash drives) encrypted and secured in locked rooms, cabinets or the like?
– What are all of our Application Portfolio Management domains and what do they do?
– What are the business goals Application Portfolio Management is aiming to achieve?
Dynamic Link Library Critical Criteria:
Confer over Dynamic Link Library decisions and define what do we need to start doing with Dynamic Link Library.
– Among the Application Portfolio Management product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Application Portfolio Management leaders?
– Is there any existing Application Portfolio Management governance structure?
Excel spreadsheet Critical Criteria:
Participate in Excel spreadsheet leadership and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Excel spreadsheet information.
– Does Application Portfolio Management include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Application Portfolio Management effort?
– What are current Application Portfolio Management Paradigms?
Financial portfolio Critical Criteria:
Check Financial portfolio projects and track iterative Financial portfolio results.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Application Portfolio Management information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What is the source of the strategies for Application Portfolio Management strengthening and reform?
– How do we maintain Application Portfolio Managements Integrity?
Forrester Research Critical Criteria:
Refer to Forrester Research management and customize techniques for implementing Forrester Research controls.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Application Portfolio Management strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Have you identified your Application Portfolio Management key performance indicators?
– What is the purpose of Application Portfolio Management in relation to the mission?
IT portfolio management Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over IT portfolio management risks and frame using storytelling to create more compelling IT portfolio management projects.
– Do Application Portfolio Management rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Information technology Critical Criteria:
Test Information technology projects and find out what it really means.
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– What are the barriers to increased Application Portfolio Management production?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
– How do we keep improving Application Portfolio Management?
Legacy system Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Legacy system results and pay attention to the small things.
– What if resources are at the end of their lifecycles, are expensive to operate and maintain, and the skills needed to add functionality or capacity are not readily available?
– Do you consider legacy alternatives (analog systems, manual mode, or conservative operations) to provide redundancy to systems with cyber vulnerabilities?
– Are there technological or capacity constraints from the legacy systems that would mandate or preclude real-time integration with the existing systems?
– How can you create a cross application architecture that supports your current systems, while at the same time accommodating changing business needs?
– Is a credible migration plan (for data, applications, and legacy system phase-out) from the existing to the proposed environment presented?
– What are the existing research issues and what should be the future research agenda in legacy to cloud migration?
– How to move the data in legacy systems to the cloud environment without interrupting business operations?
– Is there an expectation that the migrated solution will be run in parallel with the legacy solution?
– Can we understand the timeframe given replacing the current legacy system with the new systems?
– Do different parts of the organization use different processes for the same function?
– How is it possible to deliver real time self service BI with a legacy RDBMS source?
– Do we make sure that we Modernize our Legacy Systems AND Cut Costs?
– What does a free SaaS solution mean for legacy paid solutions?
– What is the best definition of System of Systems?
– How much will it cost and how will it be funded?
– When and where is the management done?
– What executive guidance do we have?
– Why is the management done?
– Do we have COBOL in use?
Microsoft Excel Critical Criteria:
Reason over Microsoft Excel management and question.
– When a Application Portfolio Management manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Mobile application Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Mobile application strategies and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Mobile application services.
– How can you negotiate Application Portfolio Management successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Application Portfolio Management that make it risky?
– What are the steps to take when developing a mobile application?
Return on Investment Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Return on Investment strategies and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Return on Investment.
– How important are hard measurements that show return on investment compared to soft measurements that demonstrate customer satisfaction and public perception?
– Does the expected return on investment (roi) of this new collection justify putting it in place?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Application Portfolio Management project?
– What are our Application Portfolio Management Processes?
– Is Return on Investment addressed?
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Service-oriented architecture decisions and sort Service-oriented architecture activities.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Application Portfolio Management strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What business benefits will Application Portfolio Management goals deliver if achieved?
Software component Critical Criteria:
Test Software component adoptions and probe the present value of growth of Software component.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Application Portfolio Management process?
– In a project to restructure Application Portfolio Management outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Can we answer questions like: Are all identified requirements allocated to software components?
Web service Critical Criteria:
Participate in Web service risks and adopt an insight outlook.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Application Portfolio Management?
– Expose its policy engine via web services for use by third-party systems (e.g. provisioning, help desk solutions)?
– How does this standard provide users the ability to access applications and services through web services?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Application Portfolio Management objectives?
– What is the best strategy going forward for data center disaster recovery?
– Amazon web services is which type of cloud computing distribution model?
– Is a Application Portfolio Management Team Work effort in place?
Zip file Critical Criteria:
Audit Zip file engagements and acquire concise Zip file education.
– What are the short and long-term Application Portfolio Management goals?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Application Portfolio Management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Application Portfolio Management External links:
Application Portfolio Management – Gartner
Application Portfolio Management | ServiceNow Community
Essential – Application Portfolio Management
Active Server Pages External links:
Active Server Pages (ASP) support in Windows
How to use Notepad to create a document in Active Server Pages
Active Server Pages In Plain English – appcan.store
Application software External links:
it NGO GmbH & Co. KG – SUPPORT APPLICATION SOFTWARE
Home – WA NILS – Loan Application Software
What is Application Software? – Definition from Techopedia
Application store External links:
www.Lgappstv.com – : LG Application Store
Samsung Application Store – PC World
Application Store – Android Apps on Google Play
Cabinet External links:
Cabinet Makers Perth | Coobeh
World Cabinet Design
How to Install File Cabinet Lock – YouTube
Dynamic Link Library External links:
Walkthrough: Creating and Using a Dynamic Link Library (C++)
http://msdn.microsoft.com › … › Building C/C++ Programs
What is Dynamic Link Library (DLL)? Webopedia Definition
What is a DLL File? (Dynamic Link Library) – Lifewire
Excel spreadsheet External links:
Excel Spreadsheet Help – Find Excel Spreadsheet Help.
http://Ad · www.finecomb.com/Excel Spreadsheet Help
Microsoft Excel Online – Work together on Excel spreadsheets
Office Space: Using ADO to Query an Excel Spreadsheet
Financial portfolio External links:
Resource Industry Parallels with Financial Portfolio Risk
Financial Portfolio Management Creation | ArthaYantra
Strategic Investment Financial Portfolio Management
Forrester Research External links:
Forrester Research Archives – Avaya Connected Blog
forrester research Search – Contact Centre Central
Forrester Research Inc (FORR.O) Quote| Reuters.com
IT portfolio management External links:
IT Portfolio Management and Planning – Doman Vaughan
IT Portfolio Management Conference – 10times
IT Portfolio Management Executive Education – Intervista
Information technology External links:
IT Pro | Information Technology News & Reviews
Master of Information Technology Management – SCU Online
UCA VicTas – Information Technology Services
Legacy system External links:
Legacy System Implant by Viet Song – issuu
Legacy System Virtualisation | United Business Solutions
Legacy Systems Costing You – QAT Global
Microsoft Excel External links:
The Microsoft Excel File Format – Apache OpenOffice
Exporting Data to Microsoft Excel
Microsoft Excel Tutorial for Beginners #1 – Overview – YouTube
Mobile application External links:
Enterprise Mobile Application Development | TheAppBuilder
MobileFirst – Mobile Application Design Development
LYTO MOBI | LYTO Portal Mobile Application
Return on Investment External links:
Social Return on Investment: Lessons learned in Australia
Return on Investment | Corporate Travel Management
EAP COUNSELLING: OUTCOMES, IMPACT & RETURN ON INVESTMENT.
Service-oriented architecture External links:
Understanding Service-Oriented Architecture
Service-Oriented Architecture Ontology, Version 2.0
Service-Oriented Architecture Standards | The Open Group
Software component External links:
Software Component Intelligence | Sonatype Data Services
Web based itrezzo Self Service Update software component
Software component certification – Murdoch Research Repository
Web service External links:
soapUI – How to Test a Web Service – YouTube
WOW – A new web service for all Australians
ABRXMLSearch Web Service – business
Zip file External links:
Compress and uncompress files (zip files) – Windows Help
Express Zip File Compression Software – Download
Save as Zip File (Word/Excel/PowerPoint) – WinZip