What is involved in Complex system
Find out what the related areas are that Complex system connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Complex system thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Complex systems journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Complex systems leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Complex system related domains to cover and 141 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Complex system, Graph Theory, Population dynamics, Edsger W. Dijkstra, Ant colony optimization, Immune system, Butterfly effect, Economic calculation problem, PubMed Central, Complex adaptive system, Percolation theory, Austrian school of economics, Volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity, Rational choice theory, Cognitive Science, Evolutionary robotics, System of measurement, Multi-agent system, Systems ecology, Mihajlo D. Mesarovic, Nonequilibrium thermodynamics, Scottish Enlightenment, Scale-free networks, Social network analysis, Computer science, Complex network, Quadratic growth, Nobel laureate, Nonlinear system, Control theory, Systems pharmacology, Complex Networks, Pattern formation, Machine learning, Pattern stability, Planetary system, Complexity measurement, Generative sciences, Self-organized criticality, Invisible hand, Future Combat Systems, Spatial evolutionary biology, Conway’s Game of Life, Economic system, Dissipative structures, Partial differential equations, Scientific modelling, Political party, Negative reinforcement, Evolutionary computation, Dynamic network analysis, System dynamics, Systems analysis:
Complex system Critical Criteria:
Shape Complex system risks and plan concise Complex system education.
– Think about the people you identified for your Complex system project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– How much testing is necessary in order to expose all the potential failure modes and situations of highly integrated complex systems?
– How is the value delivered by Complex system being measured?
– Complex interventions or complex systems?
– What is Effective Complex system?
Graph Theory Critical Criteria:
Study Graph Theory tactics and interpret which customers can’t participate in Graph Theory because they lack skills.
– What are the key elements of your Complex system performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Are there Complex system problems defined?
– How much does Complex system help?
Population dynamics Critical Criteria:
Test Population dynamics planning and adjust implementation of Population dynamics.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Complex system project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Complex system project lifecycle?
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Complex system. How do we gain traction?
– Does Complex system create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
Edsger W. Dijkstra Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Edsger W. Dijkstra tasks and ask questions.
– Does Complex system appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– How to deal with Complex system Changes?
Ant colony optimization Critical Criteria:
Design Ant colony optimization failures and display thorough understanding of the Ant colony optimization process.
– What are all of our Complex system domains and what do they do?
Immune system Critical Criteria:
Mix Immune system risks and assess what counts with Immune system that we are not counting.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Complex system strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Complex system that make it risky?
– Is Complex system Required?
Butterfly effect Critical Criteria:
Detail Butterfly effect outcomes and create Butterfly effect explanations for all managers.
– What are internal and external Complex system relations?
– How can skill-level changes improve Complex system?
Economic calculation problem Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Economic calculation problem projects and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Complex system activities?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Complex system move?
– Who needs to know about Complex system ?
PubMed Central Critical Criteria:
Review PubMed Central issues and don’t overlook the obvious.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Complex system project?
– When a Complex system manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Complex adaptive system Critical Criteria:
Examine Complex adaptive system visions and create a map for yourself.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Complex system processes?
– Is There a Role for Complex Adaptive Systems Theory?
– Why should we adopt a Complex system framework?
Percolation theory Critical Criteria:
Participate in Percolation theory decisions and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Percolation theory.
– Is the Complex system organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Austrian school of economics Critical Criteria:
Face Austrian school of economics adoptions and maintain Austrian school of economics for success.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Complex system?
Volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity Critical Criteria:
Pilot Volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity management and maintain Volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity for success.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Complex system leader?
– Does Complex system systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Complex system?
Rational choice theory Critical Criteria:
Unify Rational choice theory risks and plan concise Rational choice theory education.
– Think about the functions involved in your Complex system project. what processes flow from these functions?
– In what ways are Complex system vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– How do we measure improved Complex system service perception, and satisfaction?
Cognitive Science Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Cognitive Science visions and integrate design thinking in Cognitive Science innovation.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Complex system services/products?
– What vendors make products that address the Complex system needs?
– How will you measure your Complex system effectiveness?
Evolutionary robotics Critical Criteria:
Consider Evolutionary robotics quality and slay a dragon.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Complex system? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What are the short and long-term Complex system goals?
System of measurement Critical Criteria:
Consult on System of measurement risks and shift your focus.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Complex system models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– what is the best design framework for Complex system organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Complex system values?
Multi-agent system Critical Criteria:
Pilot Multi-agent system quality and explain and analyze the challenges of Multi-agent system.
– Is there a Complex system Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– What are our Complex system Processes?
Systems ecology Critical Criteria:
Drive Systems ecology adoptions and acquire concise Systems ecology education.
– Is there any existing Complex system governance structure?
– How would one define Complex system leadership?
– How do we Lead with Complex system in Mind?
Mihajlo D. Mesarovic Critical Criteria:
Guard Mihajlo D. Mesarovic tasks and overcome Mihajlo D. Mesarovic skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Do those selected for the Complex system team have a good general understanding of what Complex system is all about?
– Are there recognized Complex system problems?
Nonequilibrium thermodynamics Critical Criteria:
Categorize Nonequilibrium thermodynamics planning and separate what are the business goals Nonequilibrium thermodynamics is aiming to achieve.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Complex system?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Complex system been identified and analyzed?
– Have you identified your Complex system key performance indicators?
Scottish Enlightenment Critical Criteria:
Study Scottish Enlightenment management and define what our big hairy audacious Scottish Enlightenment goal is.
– How do we manage Complex system Knowledge Management (KM)?
Scale-free networks Critical Criteria:
Look at Scale-free networks planning and find out.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Complex system objectives?
Social network analysis Critical Criteria:
Mine Social network analysis results and grade techniques for implementing Social network analysis controls.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Complex system does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Complex system ?
– What is the source of the strategies for Complex system strengthening and reform?
Computer science Critical Criteria:
Recall Computer science tasks and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Computer science projects.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Complex system experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Complex system delivery for example is new software needed?
– What will drive Complex system change?
Complex network Critical Criteria:
Examine Complex network failures and assess and formulate effective operational and Complex network strategies.
– To what extent does management recognize Complex system as a tool to increase the results?
– How do we maintain Complex systems Integrity?
Quadratic growth Critical Criteria:
Review Quadratic growth planning and sort Quadratic growth activities.
– Can we add value to the current Complex system decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Complex system processes?
– What are the barriers to increased Complex system production?
Nobel laureate Critical Criteria:
Map Nobel laureate issues and adjust implementation of Nobel laureate.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Complex system process?
– Think of your Complex system project. what are the main functions?
– Which Complex system goals are the most important?
Nonlinear system Critical Criteria:
Judge Nonlinear system issues and catalog Nonlinear system activities.
– Will Complex system deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– How do we go about Comparing Complex system approaches/solutions?
– What is our formula for success in Complex system ?
Control theory Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Control theory results and finalize specific methods for Control theory acceptance.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Complex system process?
– What are specific Complex system Rules to follow?
Systems pharmacology Critical Criteria:
Nurse Systems pharmacology tactics and assess and formulate effective operational and Systems pharmacology strategies.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Complex system strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Complex system project?
Complex Networks Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Complex Networks governance and customize techniques for implementing Complex Networks controls.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Complex system process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Complex system process available?
– How do your measurements capture actionable Complex system information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Complex system strengthening and reform actually originate?
Pattern formation Critical Criteria:
Generalize Pattern formation goals and find the essential reading for Pattern formation researchers.
Machine learning Critical Criteria:
Apply Machine learning failures and define Machine learning competency-based leadership.
– What are the long-term implications of other disruptive technologies (e.g., machine learning, robotics, data analytics) converging with blockchain development?
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Complex system is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Complex system moving forward?
Pattern stability Critical Criteria:
Sort Pattern stability planning and integrate design thinking in Pattern stability innovation.
Planetary system Critical Criteria:
Discourse Planetary system planning and find the essential reading for Planetary system researchers.
Complexity measurement Critical Criteria:
Guide Complexity measurement risks and check on ways to get started with Complexity measurement.
– Which customers cant participate in our Complex system domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
Generative sciences Critical Criteria:
Apply Generative sciences quality and probe the present value of growth of Generative sciences.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Complex system effort?
Self-organized criticality Critical Criteria:
Dissect Self-organized criticality results and find out.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Complex system into the services that we provide?
– Do we monitor the Complex system decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
Invisible hand Critical Criteria:
Map Invisible hand tasks and revise understanding of Invisible hand architectures.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Complex system activities?
Future Combat Systems Critical Criteria:
Recall Future Combat Systems results and spearhead techniques for implementing Future Combat Systems.
– Do we have past Complex system Successes?
Spatial evolutionary biology Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Spatial evolutionary biology decisions and gather practices for scaling Spatial evolutionary biology.
– How likely is the current Complex system plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Complex system project?
Conway’s Game of Life Critical Criteria:
Graph Conway’s Game of Life governance and interpret which customers can’t participate in Conway’s Game of Life because they lack skills.
– Does Complex system analysis show the relationships among important Complex system factors?
– Does our organization need more Complex system education?
Economic system Critical Criteria:
Guard Economic system risks and assess what counts with Economic system that we are not counting.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Complex system objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– How do you contribute to the well-being of your environmental, social, and economic systems?
Dissipative structures Critical Criteria:
Trace Dissipative structures failures and proactively manage Dissipative structures risks.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Complex system process?
Partial differential equations Critical Criteria:
Boost Partial differential equations issues and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Partial differential equations is getting what it needs.
– How to Secure Complex system?
Scientific modelling Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Scientific modelling engagements and adjust implementation of Scientific modelling.
– How will you know that the Complex system project has been successful?
– Can we do Complex system without complex (expensive) analysis?
– What are the long-term Complex system goals?
Political party Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Political party adoptions and budget for Political party challenges.
Negative reinforcement Critical Criteria:
Align Negative reinforcement management and intervene in Negative reinforcement processes and leadership.
– What is the purpose of Complex system in relation to the mission?
Evolutionary computation Critical Criteria:
Deduce Evolutionary computation engagements and create a map for yourself.
Dynamic network analysis Critical Criteria:
Chat re Dynamic network analysis outcomes and adjust implementation of Dynamic network analysis.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Complex system processes of our organization?
System dynamics Critical Criteria:
Boost System dynamics engagements and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential System dynamics information.
– Does Complex system analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– What is Systems Thinking, and how does it relate to System Dynamics?
Systems analysis Critical Criteria:
Chat re Systems analysis quality and gather practices for scaling Systems analysis.
– Learning Systems Analysis: once one has a good grasp of the current state of the organization, there is still an important question that needs to be asked: what is the organizations potential for developing and changing – in the near future and in the longer term?
– It is often difficult to explain what is achieved by Systems Analysis and design especially when talking to a user that wants a system tomorrow! why should it take so long to design a system?
– What are information systems, and who are the stakeholders in the information systems game?
– How can software be acquired, if needed, during the systems development phase?
– What specific functions (or sub-systems) exist within the organization?
– What other technologies, tools, or equipment are used in this process?
– What are the organizations relationships with other organizations?
– Could a particular task be done more quickly or more efficiently?
– How should Systems Analysis incorporate multisectoral components?
– Who will be involved in the decision making process?
– When are users trained to use the new system?
– Systems Analysis and design: what is it?
– How do we use life cycle assessment?
– Which organizational units affected?
– Why have Systems Analysis at all?
– What are top managements roles?
– Can the process be simplified?
– Why do we need this method?
– Can something be combined?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Complex systems Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Complex system External links:
MIT’s Architecture of Complex Systems Online Course |MIT …
On the signature of complex system: A decomposed approach
Graph Theory External links:
Chapter 14: Graph Theory Flashcards | Quizlet
graph theory | Problems & Applications | Britannica.com
graph theory – ezgineer
Population dynamics External links:
Population Dynamics – Merriam-Webster
Center for Population Dynamics | Cleveland State University
Drake Lab – Laboratory of Population Dynamics
Edsger W. Dijkstra External links:
What is Edsger W. Dijkstra famous for? – Quora
Wins Second Edsger W. Dijkstra Prize | Brown University
Edsger W. Dijkstra on Dutch TV – YouTube
Ant colony optimization External links:
Ant Colony Optimization | The MIT Press
Immune system External links:
How to Keep Your Immune System Healthy – WebMD
GcMAF.se – Buy GcMAF | Boost Immune System | Destroy …
How to boost your immune system – Harvard Health
Butterfly effect External links:
The Butterfly Effect (2004) – IMDb
boracay | butterfly effect
Butterfly Effect | Be the change you want to see
Economic calculation problem External links:
Economic Calculation Problem? – YouTube
PubMed Central External links:
TMC Library | PubMed Central
PubMed Central | Rutgers University Libraries
PubMed Central | NIH Library
Complex adaptive system External links:
complex adaptive system – Randomness
Percolation theory External links:
[PDF]Percolation Theory – mit.edu
The Fermi Paradox: An Approach Based on Percolation Theory
Austrian school of economics External links:
New Austrian School of Economics – Home | Facebook
The Austrian School of Economics – Online Library of Liberty
Austrian School of Economics – Home | Facebook
Rational choice theory External links:
The Meaning of Rational Choice Theory | Chron.com
Rational Choice Theory – Investopedia
Cognitive Science External links:
Department of Linguistics and Cognitive Science
Cognitive science | Britannica.com
Evolutionary robotics External links:
Education in Evolutionary Robotics • r/ludobots – reddit
Evolutionary Robotics | The MIT Press
System of measurement External links:
Metric System of Measurement – Math Is Fun
Multi-agent system External links:
[PDF]Component Based Multi-Agent System Modeling and …
A Multi-Agent System for Intelligent Online Education. – ERIC
Systems ecology External links:
Farming Systems Ecology, Wageningen UR – Facebook
People in the Coastal Systems Ecology Lab at LSU
Study Systems Ecology at the University of Montana
Mihajlo D. Mesarovic External links:
Mihajlo D. Mesarovic – YouTube
Mankind at the Turning Point: The Second Report to the Club of Rome [Mihajlo D. Mesarovic] on Amazon.com. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers. Calls attention to …
Scottish Enlightenment External links:
The Scottish Enlightenment – Online Library of Liberty
Scottish Enlightenment | British history | Britannica.com
Scale-free networks External links:
Scale-free networks – Scholarpedia
Scale-free Networks — Patterns In Nature, an online book
Social network analysis External links:
NodeXL | Your Social Network Analysis Tool for Social Media
Social Network Analysis Flashcards | Quizlet
Computer science External links:
Computer Science and Engineering
index | Computer Science at Virginia Tech
Purdue University – Department of Computer Science
Complex network External links:
Cultural dissemination in a complex network – ScienceDirect
Your partner in complex network – Scansatec
Quadratic growth External links:
[PDF]Quadratic Growth Curve Example – Portland State …
http://web.pdx.edu/~newsomj/mlrclass/ho_quadratic growth curve example.pdf
Nobel laureate External links:
Liu Xiaobo, Chinese dissident and Nobel laureate, dies – CNN
Chinese Nobel Laureate Liu Xiaobo, the unwitting martyr – CNN
Nonlinear system External links:
An algorithm for finding all solutions of a nonlinear system
Control theory External links:
Control theory diagram. Control theory in sociology is the idea that two control systems-inner controls and outer controls-work against our tendencies to deviate. Control theory can either be classified as centralized or decentralized or neither. Decentralized control is considered market control.
Gate Control Theory and Pain Management | Brain Blogger
Gate control theory of pain – ScienceDaily
Systems pharmacology External links:
Molecular and Systems Pharmacology| GDBBS | Emory …
Complex Networks External links:
Index of Complex Networks
Complex Networks | Verizon Hearst Media Partners
Pattern formation External links:
Pattern formation slide 3 Flashcards | Quizlet
Pattern formation – Biology-Online Dictionary
Pattern Formation in Zebrafish (eBook, 2002) [WorldCat.org]
Machine learning External links:
ZestFinance.com: Machine Learning & Big Data Underwriting
What is machine learning? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Microsoft Azure Machine Learning Studio
Planetary system External links:
CH. 7 Our Planetary System Flashcards | Quizlet
Complexity measurement External links:
Chunks: A basis for complexity measurement – ScienceDirect
[PDF]SOFTWARE COMPLEXITY MEASUREMENT
Compositional segmentation and complexity measurement …
Generative sciences External links:
Surgenex Llc V. Regenerative Sciences Llc Et Al – D-AZ
USA v. Regenerative Sciences, LLC, et al – law360.com
Self-organized criticality External links:
[PDF]Self-organized criticality – mit.edu
http://www.mit.edu/~8.334/grades/projects/projects12/V. A. Golyk.pdf
Invisible hand External links:
The invisible hand (Book, 1984) [WorldCat.org]
Invisible Hand – Critiques Of Libertarianism
“Elementary” The Invisible Hand (TV Episode 2016) – IMDb
Future Combat Systems External links:
The Army’s Future Combat Systems Program and …
Future Combat Systems (FCS) / Future Combat System (FCS)
Conway’s Game of Life External links:
Kongregate free online game Conway’s Game Of Life – Life simulation with cellular automate.. Play Conway’s Game Of Life
Play Conway’s Game Of Life, a free online game on Kongregate
Conway’s Game of Life – Cornell University
Economic system External links:
Economic System of Communism | Chron.com
What is the United States’s economic system? – Quora
Feudal land tenure | economic system | Britannica.com
Dissipative structures External links:
Dissipative Structures – YouTube
Dissipative Structures and Weak Turbulence – ScienceDirect
Ilya Prigogine, Chaos, and Dissipative Structures
Partial differential equations External links:
Partial differential equations (Book, 2013) [WorldCat.org]
[PDF]Partial Diﬀerential Equations – Department of Mathematics
[PPT]Partial Differential Equations – homepages.math.uic.edu
Scientific modelling External links:
Scientific modelling — Science Learning Hub
Roman Frigg (LSE) ‘Scientific Modelling. A Primer’ – YouTube
Political party External links:
Political Party Origins – BrainPOP
Negative reinforcement External links:
10 Examples of Negative Reinforcement – Educate Autism
Negative Reinforcement and Operant Conditioning
Dynamic network analysis External links:
Predictive structural dynamic network analysis – ScienceDirect
System dynamics External links:
System Dynamics Review
System dynamics (Book, 2014) [WorldCat.org]
Vehicle System Dynamics: Vol 56, No 3
Systems analysis External links:
P E Systems | Systems Analysis | Technology Services