What is involved in Infrastructure Services
Find out what the related areas are that Infrastructure Services connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Infrastructure Services thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Infrastructure Services journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Infrastructure Services leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Infrastructure Services related domains to cover and 362 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Infrastructure Services, Deming Cycle, Help desk, Access and Identity Management, Office of Government Commerce, Primary support level, Identity management, Performance engineering, Ishikawa diagram, ISO/IEC 20000, Program management, Point of contact, Information security, IT service management, Cabinet Office, Definitive software library, W. Edwards Deming, Application Services Library, Capacity management, Business relationship management, Business impact analysis, Tudor IT Process Assessment, Business Service Management, Fishbone diagram, Change management, Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency, IT Operations Management, Application Management, Corporate governance of information technology, Six Sigma, ISO/IEC 27001, Enterprise architecture, Microsoft Operations Framework, Problem Management, Call centre, Configuration management database, Access Management, Enterprise life cycle, Underpinning contract, ITIL/service design package, Agile software development, Event Management, Service Desk, ISO/IEC 27002, RPR problem diagnosis, Computer security, Software asset management, IT service continuity, Economic efficiency, Corrective and preventive action, Service level, Configuration management system, Service level requirement, Application Performance Management, HM Treasury, IBM Tivoli Unified Process, Tertiary support level, Financial management for IT services, Business Information Services Library, Granular configuration automation, Business Process Framework, The Stationery Office, Service portfolio management, 5 Whys, Infrastructure Services, Computer network, Risk analysis:
Infrastructure Services Critical Criteria:
Administer Infrastructure Services tactics and ask what if.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Infrastructure Services information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Are there internal organizational issues to address to increase our comfort level with using shared infrastructure services?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Infrastructure Services study?
– Who sets the Infrastructure Services standards?
Deming Cycle Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Deming Cycle engagements and finalize the present value of growth of Deming Cycle.
– what is the best design framework for Infrastructure Services organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Infrastructure Services activities?
– Do Infrastructure Services rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Help desk Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Help desk tactics and question.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Infrastructure Services? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– The offeror will describe its service levels for fixes, help desk, etc. will it reduce its fees if the service levels are not met?
– Expose its policy engine via web services for use by third-party systems (e.g. provisioning, help desk solutions)?
– Complement identity management and help desk solutions with closedloop import and export?
– What features of the current help desk service management tool are being used?
– How has the current help desk service management tool been customized?
– Do we know the number of password problem help desk calls per month?
– What is the current help desk service management tool and version?
– How will the offeror provide support through the help desk?
– Help desk password resets easily measured (specific number?
– Number of password problem help desk calls per month?
– Is a Infrastructure Services Team Work effort in place?
– How does the help desk authenticate callers?
– What threat is Infrastructure Services addressing?
Access and Identity Management Critical Criteria:
Think about Access and Identity Management planning and separate what are the business goals Access and Identity Management is aiming to achieve.
– In the case of a Infrastructure Services project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Infrastructure Services project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Infrastructure Services project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– In what ways are Infrastructure Services vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– What is our Infrastructure Services Strategy?
Office of Government Commerce Critical Criteria:
Read up on Office of Government Commerce strategies and oversee implementation of Office of Government Commerce.
– Do those selected for the Infrastructure Services team have a good general understanding of what Infrastructure Services is all about?
– Is the Infrastructure Services organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– What is Effective Infrastructure Services?
Primary support level Critical Criteria:
Check Primary support level management and test out new things.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Infrastructure Services strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Have you identified your Infrastructure Services key performance indicators?
– Who will provide the final approval of Infrastructure Services deliverables?
Identity management Critical Criteria:
Pilot Identity management visions and question.
– With so many identity management systems proposed, the big question is which one, if any, will provide the identity solution to become standard across the internet?
– Do we keep track of who the leading providers of identity management products and services are, and what are their key offerings, differentiators and strategies?
– How is the market for identity management evolving in new technologies, market trends and drivers, and user requirements?
– Did we develop our saas identity management solution in house or was it acquired from other vendors?
– What is the security -life cycle identity management business case?
– Is Supporting Infrastructure Services documentation required?
– What are the identity management facilities of the provider?
– What are internal and external Infrastructure Services relations?
– What is a secure identity management infrastructure?
– What about Infrastructure Services Analysis of results?
– What is identity management to us (idm)?
– How can identity management help?
– What about identity management?
Performance engineering Critical Criteria:
Pilot Performance engineering tactics and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Performance engineering.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Infrastructure Services project manager?
– How can we improve Infrastructure Services?
Ishikawa diagram Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Ishikawa diagram results and ask questions.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Infrastructure Services is underway?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Infrastructure Services project?
– Why is Customer Service substandard?
ISO/IEC 20000 Critical Criteria:
Guide ISO/IEC 20000 failures and visualize why should people listen to you regarding ISO/IEC 20000.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Infrastructure Services processes?
– For your Infrastructure Services project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Will we be eligible for ISO/IEC 20000 certification?
– Do we have past Infrastructure Services Successes?
Program management Critical Criteria:
Infer Program management management and mentor Program management customer orientation.
– Have the proposed strategies been trialled on a small scale (ie, pilot tested) to ensure they are realistic and will produce the desired outcomes?
– Have any celebrities or other prominent members of the community expressed an interest in the campaign or the issue being addressed?
– Have any changes occurred which could weaken management support obtained for the program during the planning phase?
– Have consultations with the target group recorded what they see as the barriers and solutions to the issues?
– What are the costs and benefits (direct and indirect) of allocating resources to modify the program?
– Have any stakeholders been involved with activities which could raise the programs profile?
– What quality control measures will be used to ensure the program progresses as planned?
– Is any of this documentation suitable for a journal article or conference presentation?
– What is the range of potential strategies which could achieve the possible objectives?
– What characteristics define the success of the expected outcomes of this program?
– Who is responsible for co-ordinating and monitoring data collection and analysis?
– Which program is responsible for the accuracy and integrity of the information?
– Are programs just scale-ups of projects, or do they represent something unique?
– Which program has the most knowledge of the useful value of the information?
– Is our organization covered against data leakage, loss and rogue employees?
– Does implementation of project management require a culture change?
– Is project/Program Management methodology being followed correctly?
– Would we know if we were the victim of a breach?
– Are letters of confirmation being sent?
– How is agile Program Management done?
Point of contact Critical Criteria:
Check Point of contact visions and revise understanding of Point of contact architectures.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Infrastructure Services, including any consulting or professional services?
– What are the usability implications of Infrastructure Services actions?
Information security Critical Criteria:
Examine Information security leadership and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Information security projects.
– Does mgmt communicate to the organization on the importance of meeting the information security objectives, conforming to the information security policy and the need for continual improvement?
– Has specific responsibility been assigned for the execution of business continuity and disaster recovery plans (either within or outside of the information security function)?
– Do we maintain our own threat catalogue on the corporate intranet to remind employees of the wide range of issues of concern to Information Security and the business?
– Does the ISMS policy provide a framework for setting objectives and establishes an overall sense of direction and principles for action with regard to information security?
– Based on our information security Risk Management strategy, do we have official written information security and privacy policies, standards, or procedures?
– Are Human Resources subject to screening, and do they have terms and conditions of employment defining their information security responsibilities?
– Are information security roles and responsibilities coordinated and aligned with internal roles and external partners?
– Does your company have a current information security policy that has been approved by executive management?
– Have standards for information security across all entities been established or codified into law?
– Does your organization have a chief information security officer (ciso or equivalent title)?
– Is there a consistent and effective approach applied to the mgmt of information security events?
– What best describes the authorization process in information security?
– Does your company have an information security officer?
– Conform to the identified information security requirements?
IT service management Critical Criteria:
Accommodate IT service management projects and look at the big picture.
– If we could not clearly quantify where the benefits were, we would then start getting lots of questions: why are you doing it because we could be spending the money elsewhere?
– While you can hire consultants to help alleviate the resource crunch for the project, who gets to run them after the consultants leave?
– Can cloud service providers offer the flexibility to provide availability service levels in line with the customers requirements?
– How do you actually go about identifying, defining and then managing a set of services that make sense?
– What are the best practices in knowledge management for IT Service management ITSM?
– What are the use cases that your org is targeting currently for its CMDB/CMS?
– What level of service resilience and backup is provided within the service?
– Are you currently engaged in an it Service Management project?
– Why is it Service Management important to cloud providers?
– Why are business sponsors for IT projects so important?
– Do you have a growing list of overdue incidents?
– What are reasons to say no to cloud computing?
– What software do I have and why do we have it?
– What does a disaster recovery plan look like?
– Which software markets will SaaS disrupt?
– Who gverns an enterprise tool strategy?
– What is the scope of certification?
– What is it Service Management?
Cabinet Office Critical Criteria:
Categorize Cabinet Office adoptions and create a map for yourself.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Infrastructure Services forward?
– Have all basic functions of Infrastructure Services been defined?
– How would one define Infrastructure Services leadership?
Definitive software library Critical Criteria:
Trace Definitive software library engagements and finalize specific methods for Definitive software library acceptance.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Infrastructure Services processes?
– Will Infrastructure Services have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
W. Edwards Deming Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze W. Edwards Deming projects and create a map for yourself.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Infrastructure Services in a volatile global economy?
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Infrastructure Services workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– What are our needs in relation to Infrastructure Services skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Application Services Library Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Application Services Library outcomes and know what your objective is.
– Think of your Infrastructure Services project. what are the main functions?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Infrastructure Services move?
Capacity management Critical Criteria:
Derive from Capacity management strategies and sort Capacity management activities.
– Application sizing is a technique used by capacity management. why is application sizing important?
– Do the Infrastructure Services decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What is our formula for success in Infrastructure Services ?
– Who needs to know about Infrastructure Services ?
Business relationship management Critical Criteria:
Analyze Business relationship management adoptions and be persistent.
– Do the sponsors of the alliance meet at least twice a year in facetoface meetings to review alliance progress and strategic relevance?
– Do you have a measurement system in place to document and track your partnerships mutual benefits?
– Does your organization have a solid Partner Relationship Management (PRM) program in place?
– How does B2B eCommerce affect our selection of the right type of relationship?
– organizational Culture: Can it be a Source of Sustained Competitive Advantage?
– Are you able to make informed decisions on channel activities and investments?
– How do customer relationship management systems provide value for businesses?
– Is the organization proud to be aligned and associated with the supplier?
– Are you achieving the sales revenue per channel partner that you expect?
– How well did we rely on our partners to help us meet our objectives?
– Is it possible to have too much information about a customer?
– Are there other statutes that encourage collaboration?
– How well did we monitor our relational expectations?
– Where does Tuckman s team development model apply?
– How dynamic can organizational capabilities be?
– Are some suppliers strategic to your business?
– BRMs and BAs – How Do They Differ in Focus?
– What do we need to do to be competitive?
– What is success for an alliance?
Business impact analysis Critical Criteria:
Mine Business impact analysis tactics and arbitrate Business impact analysis techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– How frequently, if at all, do we conduct a business impact analysis (bia) and risk assessment (ra)?
– In a project to restructure Infrastructure Services outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– How does the business impact analysis use data from Risk Management and risk analysis?
– Why should we adopt a Infrastructure Services framework?
– How to Secure Infrastructure Services?
Tudor IT Process Assessment Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Tudor IT Process Assessment governance and attract Tudor IT Process Assessment skills.
– How will you know that the Infrastructure Services project has been successful?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Infrastructure Services?
Business Service Management Critical Criteria:
Trace Business Service Management tactics and find out what it really means.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Infrastructure Services?
– Is Infrastructure Services Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– Which Infrastructure Services goals are the most important?
Fishbone diagram Critical Criteria:
Deduce Fishbone diagram engagements and explain and analyze the challenges of Fishbone diagram.
– Among the Infrastructure Services product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
Change management Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Change management decisions and give examples utilizing a core of simple Change management skills.
– Troubleshooting – are problems related to what is actually changing (the change), to the management of tasks and resources to make the change happen (project management) or to issues relating to employee engagement, buy-in and resistance (Change Management)?
– In terms of change focus, leaders will examine the success of past strategic initiatives and the concrete Change Management that accompanied them. is the overall strategy sound?
– What steps have executives included in the Change Management plan to identify and address customers and stakeholders concerns about the specific process to be reengineered?
– How should projects be phased to allow adequate time for Change Management and organizational acceptance of the selected technologies?
– What are the most important benefits of effective organizational change management?
– Do project management and Change Management look the same for every initiative?
– Do changes in business processes fall under the scope of Change Management?
– How effective is your organization with organizational change management?
– In what scenarios should change management systems be introduced?
– What are common barriers to using Change Management in practice?
– Are Organizational Change managements best practices (eg Kotter) applied?
– What are the primary barriers to effective Change Management?
– When and how is Change Management used on a project?
– What is the Change Management process?
– Why do we need Change Management?
Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency Critical Criteria:
Refer to Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency issues and get the big picture.
– Does Infrastructure Services include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Are there Infrastructure Services problems defined?
IT Operations Management Critical Criteria:
Confer re IT Operations Management failures and secure IT Operations Management creativity.
– What are the most important capabilities we consider when evaluating asset and Service Management providers?
– Do we have a high level of process automation connecting our asset and Service Management?
– Do you have a single view into it Service Management?
– How to deal with Infrastructure Services Changes?
Application Management Critical Criteria:
Devise Application Management risks and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Application Management information.
– What are all of our Infrastructure Services domains and what do they do?
Corporate governance of information technology Critical Criteria:
Guide Corporate governance of information technology goals and optimize Corporate governance of information technology leadership as a key to advancement.
– Is maximizing Infrastructure Services protection the same as minimizing Infrastructure Services loss?
– Do we all define Infrastructure Services in the same way?
Six Sigma Critical Criteria:
Focus on Six Sigma decisions and give examples utilizing a core of simple Six Sigma skills.
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– Does Infrastructure Services analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– How is lean six sigma different from TOGAF architecture?
– How do we Lead with Infrastructure Services in Mind?
ISO/IEC 27001 Critical Criteria:
Confer re ISO/IEC 27001 decisions and gather practices for scaling ISO/IEC 27001.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Infrastructure Services models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Is Infrastructure Services Required?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Enterprise architecture tactics and oversee Enterprise architecture requirements.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Infrastructure Services. How do we gain traction?
– What management system can we use to leverage the Infrastructure Services experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– How do we manage Infrastructure Services Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Microsoft Operations Framework Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Microsoft Operations Framework planning and intervene in Microsoft Operations Framework processes and leadership.
– How do we go about Comparing Infrastructure Services approaches/solutions?
– How can you measure Infrastructure Services in a systematic way?
Problem Management Critical Criteria:
Confer re Problem Management outcomes and be persistent.
– Is there a Infrastructure Services Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Can we do Infrastructure Services without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Does the Infrastructure Services task fit the clients priorities?
– What is a key activity in problem management?
Call centre Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Call centre management and drive action.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Infrastructure Services agendas for the next 3 years?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Infrastructure Services leaders?
Configuration management database Critical Criteria:
Examine Configuration management database quality and get the big picture.
– Will the change significantly degrade safety or negatively impact adequate protection of workers, the environment, or the public?
– In which two Service Management processes would you be most likely to use a risk analysis and management method?
– What is the main difference between a cmdb (Configuration Management database) and a typical asset register?
– The words delta, full and package describe different types of release. Which ones do we use when?
– Which processes other than incident management are involved in achieving a structural solution ?
– What information does Configuration Management provide to the it management of an organization?
– Which process is responsible for the correct configuring and transmission of the programs?
– What would you like the cmdb to do for you -how would they like it to change your life?
– What are direct advantages of entering into Service Level Agreements?
– In availability management terms, what do the letters cia stand for?
– What: selection of configuration items (what should be managed?
– Why implement a Configuration Management database (cmdb)?
– Definition: what is software Configuration Management?
– Which incidents should be logged by the service desk?
– Do the benefits of the change warrant the costs?
– What goes under version control?
– Does the change involve a usq?
– What work is involved?
– Is this right for us?
– Why a service desk?
Access Management Critical Criteria:
Refer to Access Management leadership and intervene in Access Management processes and leadership.
– Has the organization established an Identity and Access Management program that is consistent with requirements, policy, and applicable guidelines and which identifies users and network devices?
– Identify identity risk and compliance needs, existing process flaws and potential deployment roadblocks?
– What tools or techniques could speed the rapid prototyping and deployment of new online services?
– Which users require access to which assets, to what extent, and in what circumstances?
– If processes are manual, what orientation or training have administrators received?
– Support the creation of an identity repository across the entire it landscape?
– What password parameters have been established for companywide applications?
– Security or regulatory exposure due to inappropriate entitlements?
– Are the machines that are storing the information secured?
– How do we manage users saas accounts and access?
– How do I manage users SaaS accounts and access?
– What is our automated user provisioning?
– Do we know who owns id x on system y?
– Popularity of password sticky notes?
– How are groups identified by users?
– Who has access to what information?
– Who approved users accounts?
– Who has what accounts?
Enterprise life cycle Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Enterprise life cycle tasks and assess and formulate effective operational and Enterprise life cycle strategies.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Infrastructure Services process?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Infrastructure Services effort?
Underpinning contract Critical Criteria:
Guard Underpinning contract issues and spearhead techniques for implementing Underpinning contract.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Infrastructure Services goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
ITIL/service design package Critical Criteria:
Drive ITIL/service design package results and get answers.
– Think about the functions involved in your Infrastructure Services project. what processes flow from these functions?
Agile software development Critical Criteria:
Systematize Agile software development risks and achieve a single Agile software development view and bringing data together.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Infrastructure Services project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– How do you take an approach like CMM that is heavily about management control and measurement and make it light on its feet?
– How could agile approach be taken into consideration when recruiting personnel and allocating people into projects?
– Can agile methods be used effectively for evolving a system in response to customer change requests?
– Are there cultural or organizational issues that may affect the system development?
– Why should a client choose a project team which offers agile software development?
– Which is really software best practice to us, CMM or agile development?
– To what level of detail will you capture the requirements, if at all?
– What scaling factors should we consider when tailoring our approach?
– Have we developed requirements for agile software development?
– What changes need to be made to agile development today?
– How do you scale Agile to large (500-5000 person) teams?
– What is and why Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD)?
– What challenges do teams face when scaling agile?
– How could a more enhanced framework be developed?
– What Can We Learn From a Theory of Complexity?
– Is the system subject to external regulation?
– Are there recognized Infrastructure Services problems?
– What have you completed since yesterday?
– What is Scale and Why Manage It?
Event Management Critical Criteria:
Examine Event Management projects and prioritize challenges of Event Management.
– How do we maintain Infrastructure Servicess Integrity?
Service Desk Critical Criteria:
Generalize Service Desk risks and summarize a clear Service Desk focus.
– Will we be eligible for ISOIEC 20000 certification, even if our Service Desk, infrastructure management and applications management functions are located in different countries?
– Why is Customer Service and helpdesks so undervalued given that this is a core part of branding and growth i e The head of the Service Desk is not a CxO level title?
– How does mobility improve your organizations service desk effectiveness?
– Is the cloud service providers service desk local, onshore or offshore?
– Are you running your service desk or is your service desk running you?
– Does the service provider have a service desk function based on ITIL principles?
– How does mobility improve your organizations service desk effectiveness?
– Is the cloud service providers service desk local, onshore or offshore?
– How does mobility improve our organizations service desk effectiveness?
– Are You Running Your Service Desk or is Your Service Desk Running You?
ISO/IEC 27002 Critical Criteria:
Devise ISO/IEC 27002 outcomes and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Infrastructure Services been identified and analyzed?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Infrastructure Services?
RPR problem diagnosis Critical Criteria:
Canvass RPR problem diagnosis goals and pay attention to the small things.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Infrastructure Services into the services that we provide?
Computer security Critical Criteria:
Debate over Computer security management and develop and take control of the Computer security initiative.
– Does your company provide end-user training to all employees on Cybersecurity, either as part of general staff training or specifically on the topic of computer security and company policy?
– Will the selection of a particular product limit the future choices of other computer security or operational modifications and improvements?
– What are the business goals Infrastructure Services is aiming to achieve?
– Are there Infrastructure Services Models?
Software asset management Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Software asset management decisions and display thorough understanding of the Software asset management process.
– Consider your own Infrastructure Services project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
IT service continuity Critical Criteria:
Study IT service continuity goals and revise understanding of IT service continuity architectures.
– Can we add value to the current Infrastructure Services decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Does our organization need more Infrastructure Services education?
Economic efficiency Critical Criteria:
Audit Economic efficiency tasks and stake your claim.
– Does Infrastructure Services create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
Corrective and preventive action Critical Criteria:
Adapt Corrective and preventive action failures and adopt an insight outlook.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Infrastructure Services project?
– Are appropriate corrective and preventive actions taken?
Service level Critical Criteria:
Study Service level goals and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Service level information.
– We are are often challenged to reduce our overheads and operational costs. Cost reduction initiatives can be difficult to manage and it is essential to target the right areas. Where can costs reasonably be reduced or margins improved without any service disruption or without affecting service levels?
– If a customer complains that service levels are below those agreed in the sla, apparently due to a number of related hardware incidents, who is responsible for ensuring the cause is investigated?
– If SLAs are already negotiated and reference the Catalogue for documentation of the service levels, how do you change service level in the Catalogue without renegotiating the SLA?
– Determine if the data center has Service Level Agreements with the clients it serves. if so, do they measure themselves for compliance with the agreement?
– Can the cloud service provider offer the flexibility to provide availability service levels in line with the customers requirements?
– What are the most preferred dedicated or cloud hosting providers giving managed services in their core plans?
– How will the SLA be terminated if either party wants to terminate either for cause or for convenience?
– What are some examples of Service Level Agreements used by saas companies and or products?
– What level of service or quality of service should the customer expect?
– What actions will be taken in the event of a serious disruption?
– What are the costs to the business customer for the service?
– Is your firm willing to commit to Service Level Agreements?
– Are abandons included in your service level denominator?
– What are the costs to provide this level of service?
– What quality standards already exist?
– When will the SLA be reviewed?
– What systems are supported?
Configuration management system Critical Criteria:
Own Configuration management system management and don’t overlook the obvious.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Infrastructure Services?
– What exactly are the required characteristics of a Configuration Management system for managing dynamic change?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Infrastructure Services project?
Service level requirement Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Service level requirement engagements and correct better engagement with Service level requirement results.
– What are the disruptive Infrastructure Services technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Do we monitor the Infrastructure Services decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Infrastructure Services ?
Application Performance Management Critical Criteria:
Track Application Performance Management adoptions and devote time assessing Application Performance Management and its risk.
– Is there any existing Infrastructure Services governance structure?
– Is the scope of Infrastructure Services defined?
HM Treasury Critical Criteria:
Reason over HM Treasury quality and question.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Infrastructure Services services/products?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Infrastructure Services delivery for example is new software needed?
– When a Infrastructure Services manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
IBM Tivoli Unified Process Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on IBM Tivoli Unified Process outcomes and revise understanding of IBM Tivoli Unified Process architectures.
– Think about the people you identified for your Infrastructure Services project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Infrastructure Services Management?
Tertiary support level Critical Criteria:
Mine Tertiary support level management and observe effective Tertiary support level.
– What are the key elements of your Infrastructure Services performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– How do we go about Securing Infrastructure Services?
Financial management for IT services Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Financial management for IT services results and gather Financial management for IT services models .
– Will Infrastructure Services deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Business Information Services Library Critical Criteria:
Focus on Business Information Services Library management and arbitrate Business Information Services Library techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
Granular configuration automation Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Granular configuration automation governance and define what do we need to start doing with Granular configuration automation.
– What are current Infrastructure Services Paradigms?
Business Process Framework Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Business Process Framework quality and balance specific methods for improving Business Process Framework results.
The Stationery Office Critical Criteria:
Communicate about The Stationery Office quality and describe which business rules are needed as The Stationery Office interface.
Service portfolio management Critical Criteria:
Consult on Service portfolio management outcomes and correct Service portfolio management management by competencies.
– What is the source of the strategies for Infrastructure Services strengthening and reform?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Infrastructure Services processes?
– What business benefits will Infrastructure Services goals deliver if achieved?
5 Whys Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about 5 Whys visions and find the ideas you already have.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Infrastructure Services opportunities costing us money?
Infrastructure Services Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Infrastructure Services engagements and research ways can we become the Infrastructure Services company that would put us out of business.
– How can you negotiate Infrastructure Services successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– What are specific Infrastructure Services Rules to follow?
Computer network Critical Criteria:
Adapt Computer network adoptions and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Computer network.
– Is the illegal entry into a private computer network a crime in your country?
– How can skill-level changes improve Infrastructure Services?
Risk analysis Critical Criteria:
Learn from Risk analysis failures and create a map for yourself.
– How do risk analysis and Risk Management inform your organizations decisionmaking processes for long-range system planning, major project description and cost estimation, priority programming, and project development?
– What levels of assurance are needed and how can the risk analysis benefit setting standards and policy functions?
– How likely is the current Infrastructure Services plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– How do we do risk analysis of rare, cascading, catastrophic events?
– With risk analysis do we answer the question how big is the risk?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Infrastructure Services Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Infrastructure Services External links:
Enterprise Infrastructure Services
Deming Cycle External links:
[PDF]Deming Cycle (PDCA Cycle) – ManagementMania
Deming Cycle, PDCA | iSixSigma
The Deming Cycle – Balanced scorecard
Help desk External links:
Login – TCC Help Desk
Spiceworks Help Desk
Access and Identity Management External links:
[PDF]Conduent Access and Identity Management AIM
[PDF]Access and Identity Management (AIM) User Guide
Access and Identity Management Solutions | Microsoft
Office of Government Commerce External links:
Office of Government Commerce Website | The National …
Identity management External links:
Colorado Department of Education Identity Management
MasTec Identity Management Portal
Login Page – Planned Parenthood Identity Management
Performance engineering External links:
Lingenfelter Performance Engineering – Official Site
Home – Korkar Performance Engineering
Hi-Performance Engineering, Inc.
Ishikawa diagram External links:
Ishikawa Diagram – Investopedia
Ishikawa Diagram Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
ISO/IEC 20000 External links:
ISO/IEC 20000 IT Service Management | BSI America
ISO/IEC 20000 Overview – YouTube
http://ISO/IEC 20000 is the first international standard for IT service management. It was developed in 2005, by ISO/IEC JTC1/SC7 and revised in 2011. It is based on and intended to supersede the earlier BS 15000 that was developed by BSI Group.
Program management External links:
GHIN Handicap Program Management
[PDF]OSHA Safety and Health Program Management …
Point of contact External links:
Signature Bank | A Single Point Of Contact
JSL International Limited | Single Point of Contact
Site Point of Contact Portal
Information security External links:
Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 – NIST
ALTA – Information Security
IT service management External links:
ServiceAide: ITSM Tools – IT Service Management …
Remedyforce- IT Service Management and Help Desk – …
Remedy 9 – IT Service Management Suite – BMC Software
Cabinet Office External links:
Cabinet Office (@cabinetofficeuk) | Twitter
Definitive software library External links:
DSL – Definitive Software Library | AcronymFinder
Using CA SCM as a Definitive Software Library
W. Edwards Deming External links:
The W. Edwards Deming Institute
The W. Edwards Deming Outstanding Training Award
W. Edwards Deming Quotes – BrainyQuote
Application Services Library External links:
Application Services Library (ASL)
Capacity management External links:
Capacity management (Book, 1988) [WorldCat.org]
Capacity Management – Kentucky
Capacity management review. (eJournal / eMagazine, …
Business relationship management External links:
IT Strategic Partnering – Business Relationship Management
ITIL Business Relationship Management Explained – bmc.com
Business Relationship Management – BRM Institute
Business impact analysis External links:
Business Impact Analysis Worksheet | FEMA.gov
Business Impact Analysis | Ready.gov
Business Impact Analysis (BIA) – Gartner IT Glossary
Tudor IT Process Assessment External links:
What is TIPA® (Tudor IT Process Assessment)? – YouTube
Tudor IT Process Assessment – Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Tudor IT Process Assessment
Tudor IT Process Assessment explained
Business Service Management External links:
Login – HP Business Service Management
Fishbone diagram External links:
Fishbone Diagram – 7 Steps to better problem solving
What is fishbone diagram? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Fishbone Diagram – Official Site
Change management External links:
CDT Releases Organizational Change Management and …
10 Change Management Best Practices | The Fast Track
Change management experts -Change Management …
Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency External links:
Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency | …
Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency …
IT Operations Management External links:
IT Operations Management Solution: InsightOps | Rapid7
IT Operations Management | vRealize Operations – VMware
What Does IT Operations Management Do (ITOps)?Joe …
Application Management External links:
Application Management – Dixie State University
Twitter Application Management
Corporate governance of information technology External links:
[PDF]Corporate governance of information technology
Corporate governance of information technology – …
Six Sigma External links:
What Is Six Sigma?
Lean Six Sigma Certification | 6 Sigma Training
Online Lean and Six Sigma Training Videos | Gemba Academy
ISO/IEC 27001 External links:
Enterprise architecture External links:
Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence
Enterprise Architecture – CDT Services
Enterprise Architecture | North Dakota ITD
Microsoft Operations Framework External links:
What is Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF)? – …
Appendix A – Microsoft Operations Framework
Microsoft Operations Framework
Problem Management External links:
ITIL Problem Management | When “Incidents” are Problems
Call centre External links:
i24 Call Management Solutions – Canadian Bilingual Call Centre
Call Centre Helper – Official Site
Access Management External links:
Home | CalNet – Identity and Access Management
IAM Home – Wisconsin Identity and Access Management
Login – Oracle Access Management 11g
Enterprise life cycle External links:
Enterprise Life Cycle | Chron.com
What is ENTERPRISE LIFE CYCLE? What does …
The Enterprise Life Cycle: Are You Too Late to Change?
Underpinning contract External links:
what is Underpinning contract ? | ServiceNow Community
Underpinning Contract [ITIL documentation] – …
ITIL Definition: Underpinning Contract (v2, v3)
Agile software development External links:
RoleModel Software – Custom Agile Software Development
Mobile Apps, Digital Products, Agile Software Development
Agile Scout – Agile Software Development News
Event Management External links:
RegFox Event Management Software
Award-winning Event Apps and Event Management Software | Whova
Superior event management for gamers | Warhorn
Service Desk External links:
Service Desk – fmPilot
CWU Service Desk | E-mail and Outlook Support
ISO/IEC 27002 External links:
http://ISO/IEC 27002 is an information security standard published by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and by the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), titled Information technology – Security techniques – Code of practice for information security management.
ISO/IEC 27002 code of practice
ISO/IEC 27002 – Key Benefits of MetricStream IT GRC …
RPR problem diagnosis External links:
RPR problem diagnosis – WOW.com
RPR Problem Diagnosis – liquisearch.com
RPR Problem Diagnosis – Dr. Psynso
Computer security External links:
Computer Security (Cybersecurity) – The New York Times
[PDF]Computer Security Incident Handling Guide
[PDF]Guide to Computer Security Log Management – NIST
Software asset management External links:
UWM Software Asset Management | Software Asset Management
Software Asset Management – Microsoft SAM
IT service continuity External links:
[PDF]IT Service Continuity Management Business Impact …
http://itsm.ucsf.edu/sites/itsm.ucsf.edu/files/ITSM BIA Process v1.2-1.pdf
Economic efficiency External links:
Economic Efficiency – Investopedia
Economic Efficiency – Investopedia
Corrective and preventive action External links:
Corrective and Preventive Action Plans – Emory University
Corrective and Preventive Action | ASQ
[PDF]Corrective and Preventive Action – Background & …
Service level External links:
Service Level Agreements – Home | Microsoft Azure
Configuration management system External links:
RAVE Configuration Management System
Service level requirement External links:
Service level requirement
http://In Software Development / IT, a Service Level Requirement (SLR) is a broad statement from a customer to a service provider describing their service expectations. A service provider prepares a service level agreement (SLA) based on the requirements from the customer. For example: A customer may require a server be operational (uptime) for 99.95% of the year excluding maintenance.
ITIL Definition: Service Level Requirement
Application Performance Management External links:
Application Performance Management for Big Data | Unravel
What is Application Performance Management? 10 APM …
HM Treasury External links:
HM Treasury Group Careers – Jobs
HM Treasury – Official Site
HM Treasury Application Center – Roblox
IBM Tivoli Unified Process External links:
[PDF]IBM Tivoli Unified Process (ITUP): Connecting the Dots
IBM Tivoli Unified Process (ITUP) Composer User Guide …
ITUP – IBM Tivoli Unified Process | AcronymFinder
Financial management for IT services External links:
Financial Management for IT services by Ivan Flores on Prezi
Granular configuration automation External links:
Lyrics containing the term: granular configuration automation
https://www.lyrics.com/lyrics/granular configuration automation
Business Process Framework External links:
What is the Business Process Framework? – YouTube
Business Process Framework (eTOM) – TM Forum
Business Process Framework (eTOM) – TM Forum
The Stationery Office External links:
Publisher: The Stationery Office | Open Library
TSO (The Stationery Office) – Maryland Nautical
Contact us | TSO (The Stationery Office)
Service portfolio management External links:
Service Portfolio Management – tutorialspoint.com
5 Whys External links:
Analysis Tools: The 5 Whys | Manager Tools
5 Whys – Problem-Solving Skills From MindTools.com
5 Whys – A Problem Solving Technique – Revolution …
Infrastructure Services External links:
Enterprise Infrastructure Services
Computer network External links:
Computer Network Security, B.S. – Wilmington University
Technical Support | Computer Repair | Computer Network
How to find my computer network name – Mil Incorporated
Risk analysis External links:
http://Risk analysis is the study of the underlying uncertainty of a given course of action. Risk analysis refers to the uncertainty of forecasted future cash flows streams, variance of portfolio/stock returns, statistical analysis to determine the probability of a project’s success or failure, and possible future economic states.
Project Management and Risk Analysis Software | Safran
Risk Analysis | Investopedia