What is involved in Business Intelligence
Find out what the related areas are that Business Intelligence connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Business Intelligence thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Business Intelligence for Performance Management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Business Intelligence for Performance Management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Business Intelligence related domains to cover and 255 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Business Intelligence, Performance management, Degenerate dimension, Decision support system, Market economy, Integrated business planning, Records management, Economic development, Runtime intelligence, Commercial management, Audit committee, Incident management, Data profiling, Strategic management, Managerial finance, Business process modeling, Change management, Sir Henry Furnese, 1st Baronet, Information retrieval, Information Management, Media intelligence, Commercial bank, Power management, Sixth normal form, Corporate governance, Public relations, Business analysis, Process management, Brand management, Organizational engineering, Earned value management, Data visualization, Social networking service, Operational data store, Problem management, Business process management, Data transformation, Data warehouse automation, Corporate liability, Insolvency law, Operational intelligence, Financial accounting, Test and learn, Composite application, Predictive analytics, Enterprise reporting, Organizational architecture, Meteorological intelligence, Complex event processing, International economics, Financial audit, Business analytics, Organizational behavior, Data sharing, Business process, Data Mining Extensions, Operations management for services, Product life-cycle management, Development economics, Dimension table, Data dictionary, Business activity monitoring, Innovation management, Performance metrics, Organizational structure, Slowly changing dimension, Security management, OLAP cube, Materials management, Venture capital, Financial management:
Business Intelligence Critical Criteria:
Chart Business Intelligence risks and adopt an insight outlook.
– Does the software let users work with the existing data infrastructure already in place, freeing your IT team from creating more cubes, universes, and standalone marts?
– Does your mobile solution allow you to interact with desktop-authored dashboards using touchscreen gestures like taps, flicks, and pinches?
– Can you easily add users and features to quickly scale and customize to your organizations specific needs?
– What are the main differences between a business intelligence team compared to a team of data scientists?
– What tools are there for publishing sharing and visualizing data online?
– Who prioritizes, conducts and monitors business intelligence projects?
– What is your anticipated learning curve for technical administrators?
– Is Data Warehouseing necessary for a business intelligence service?
– What is the process of data transformation required by your system?
– How is Business Intelligence and Information Management related?
– What type and complexity of system administration roles?
– Can Business Intelligence BI meet business expectations?
– Does your software integrate with active directory?
– Is your software easy for IT to manage and upgrade?
– What programs do we have to teach data mining?
– How is Business Intelligence related to CRM?
– What level of training would you recommend?
– Describe any training materials offered?
– Do you support video integration?
Performance management Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Performance management risks and overcome Performance management skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Think about the people you identified for your Business Intelligence project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– How do employee selection and development practices, as well as staff performance management, well-being, motivation, satisfaction, and compensation, contribute to the growth of the organization?
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Business Intelligence is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– How can you measure Business Intelligence in a systematic way?
– What does good Customer Service actually mean?
Degenerate dimension Critical Criteria:
Devise Degenerate dimension outcomes and achieve a single Degenerate dimension view and bringing data together.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Business Intelligence project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Business Intelligence project lifecycle?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Business Intelligence ?
– Think of your Business Intelligence project. what are the main functions?
Decision support system Critical Criteria:
Analyze Decision support system projects and separate what are the business goals Decision support system is aiming to achieve.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Business Intelligence objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– A heuristic, a decision support system, or new practices to improve current project management?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Business Intelligence effort?
Market economy Critical Criteria:
Judge Market economy outcomes and describe the risks of Market economy sustainability.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Business Intelligence processes?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Business Intelligence services/products?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Business Intelligence values?
Integrated business planning Critical Criteria:
Participate in Integrated business planning management and describe which business rules are needed as Integrated business planning interface.
– Does Business Intelligence create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Business Intelligence process?
– How do we go about Securing Business Intelligence?
Records management Critical Criteria:
Derive from Records management outcomes and find the essential reading for Records management researchers.
– In the case of a Business Intelligence project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Business Intelligence project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Business Intelligence project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Can we add value to the current Business Intelligence decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Have records center personnel received training on the records management aspects of the Quality Assurance program?
– What will drive Business Intelligence change?
Economic development Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Economic development decisions and do something to it.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Business Intelligence, including any consulting or professional services?
– How likely is the current Business Intelligence plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Why should we adopt a Business Intelligence framework?
Runtime intelligence Critical Criteria:
Start Runtime intelligence issues and separate what are the business goals Runtime intelligence is aiming to achieve.
– What are the usability implications of Business Intelligence actions?
– Do we all define Business Intelligence in the same way?
Commercial management Critical Criteria:
Categorize Commercial management goals and attract Commercial management skills.
– Do those selected for the Business Intelligence team have a good general understanding of what Business Intelligence is all about?
– How do we manage Business Intelligence Knowledge Management (KM)?
Audit committee Critical Criteria:
Confer re Audit committee results and pioneer acquisition of Audit committee systems.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Business Intelligence processes?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Business Intelligence agendas for the next 3 years?
– Is there anyone on the board or audit committee with an it background?
Incident management Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Incident management management and work towards be a leading Incident management expert.
– Which processes other than incident management are involved in achieving a structural solution ?
– What is the source of the strategies for Business Intelligence strengthening and reform?
– In which cases can CMDB be usefull in incident management?
– What is a primary goal of incident management?
– How do we keep improving Business Intelligence?
– Why are Business Intelligence skills important?
Data profiling Critical Criteria:
Unify Data profiling risks and define what do we need to start doing with Data profiling.
– Think about the functions involved in your Business Intelligence project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Do we do data profiling?
Strategic management Critical Criteria:
Graph Strategic management projects and remodel and develop an effective Strategic management strategy.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Business Intelligence moving forward?
Managerial finance Critical Criteria:
Depict Managerial finance projects and oversee Managerial finance management by competencies.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Business Intelligence goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– What are the barriers to increased Business Intelligence production?
Business process modeling Critical Criteria:
Jump start Business process modeling quality and adjust implementation of Business process modeling.
– What are current Business Intelligence Paradigms?
Change management Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Change management issues and proactively manage Change management risks.
– Troubleshooting – are problems related to what is actually changing (the change), to the management of tasks and resources to make the change happen (project management) or to issues relating to employee engagement, buy-in and resistance (Change Management)?
– How should projects be phased to allow adequate time for Change Management and organizational acceptance of the selected technologies?
– Have all the major Change Management issues associated with the preferred alternative been identified and discussed?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Business Intelligence delivery for example is new software needed?
– Do you have formalized processes for organizational change management within your organization?
– Do project management and Change Management look the same for every initiative?
– Do changes in business processes fall under the scope of Change Management?
– How effective is your organization with organizational change management?
– In what scenarios should change management systems be introduced?
– What has been your most Challenging change management experience?
– What change management practices does your organization employ?
– Are Organizational Change managements best practices (eg Kotter) applied?
– What are the primary barriers to effective Change Management?
– What is the latest success strategy in change management?
– When and how is Change Management used on a project?
– What is workplace Change Management?
Sir Henry Furnese, 1st Baronet Critical Criteria:
Read up on Sir Henry Furnese, 1st Baronet quality and learn.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Business Intelligence experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Are there Business Intelligence Models?
Information retrieval Critical Criteria:
Apply Information retrieval results and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Information retrieval.
– Among the Business Intelligence product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– In a project to restructure Business Intelligence outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Does Business Intelligence appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Information Management Critical Criteria:
Steer Information Management goals and find out.
– What is the difference between Enterprise Information Management and Data Warehousing?
– When a Business Intelligence manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Media intelligence Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Media intelligence tactics and figure out ways to motivate other Media intelligence users.
– Do the Business Intelligence decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Business Intelligence project?
Commercial bank Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Commercial bank governance and oversee Commercial bank management by competencies.
– what is the best design framework for Business Intelligence organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Business Intelligence products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Have all basic functions of Business Intelligence been defined?
Power management Critical Criteria:
Boost Power management tactics and figure out ways to motivate other Power management users.
– Consider your own Business Intelligence project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
Sixth normal form Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Sixth normal form goals and maintain Sixth normal form for success.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Business Intelligence process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Business Intelligence process available?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Business Intelligence project?
Corporate governance Critical Criteria:
Frame Corporate governance failures and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Corporate governance results.
Public relations Critical Criteria:
Boost Public relations results and slay a dragon.
– If the single biggest influence in shaping consumers attitudes is community organizations, what are they and how can public relations help?
– What are your public relations problems and opportunities based on the product/program and consumer lifecycles?
– What are the problems, opportunities and anticipated issues that public relations can address?
– What do public relations professionals need to do to become excellent leaders?
– Is Supporting Business Intelligence documentation required?
– What about Business Intelligence Analysis of results?
Business analysis Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Business analysis management and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Business analysis projects.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Business Intelligence models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What happens to the function of the business analysis in user story development?
– Have you identified your Business Intelligence key performance indicators?
– Which Business Intelligence goals are the most important?
Process management Critical Criteria:
See the value of Process management failures and figure out ways to motivate other Process management users.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Business Intelligence strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Business Intelligence opportunities costing us money?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Business Intelligence?
Brand management Critical Criteria:
Talk about Brand management engagements and test out new things.
– How do we measure improved Business Intelligence service perception, and satisfaction?
– Are there Business Intelligence problems defined?
Organizational engineering Critical Criteria:
See the value of Organizational engineering adoptions and ask what if.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Business Intelligence strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Business Intelligence leaders?
– Are assumptions made in Business Intelligence stated explicitly?
Earned value management Critical Criteria:
Analyze Earned value management visions and do something to it.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Business Intelligence? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What are our needs in relation to Business Intelligence skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– How will you know that the Business Intelligence project has been successful?
Data visualization Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Data visualization results and balance specific methods for improving Data visualization results.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Business Intelligence. How do we gain traction?
– What are the best places schools to study data visualization information design or information architecture?
– What are the short and long-term Business Intelligence goals?
– How to deal with Business Intelligence Changes?
Social networking service Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Social networking service goals and figure out ways to motivate other Social networking service users.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Business Intelligence does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What business benefits will Business Intelligence goals deliver if achieved?
Operational data store Critical Criteria:
Merge Operational data store decisions and remodel and develop an effective Operational data store strategy.
– What is the purpose of Business Intelligence in relation to the mission?
– How can the value of Business Intelligence be defined?
– What are our Business Intelligence Processes?
Problem management Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Problem management decisions and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Problem management projects.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Business Intelligence project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Business Intelligence process?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Business Intelligence been identified and analyzed?
– What is a key activity in problem management?
Business process management Critical Criteria:
Trace Business process management issues and describe which business rules are needed as Business process management interface.
– How would one define Business Intelligence leadership?
Data transformation Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Data transformation risks and oversee Data transformation management by competencies.
– Is the Business Intelligence organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Business Intelligence activities?
– Describe the process of data transformation required by your system?
Data warehouse automation Critical Criteria:
Mine Data warehouse automation risks and develop and take control of the Data warehouse automation initiative.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Business Intelligence processes of our organization?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Business Intelligence Management?
Corporate liability Critical Criteria:
Add value to Corporate liability projects and differentiate in coordinating Corporate liability.
– Are we Assessing Business Intelligence and Risk?
Insolvency law Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Insolvency law quality and pioneer acquisition of Insolvency law systems.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Business Intelligence is underway?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Business Intelligence forward?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Business Intelligence processes?
Operational intelligence Critical Criteria:
Meet over Operational intelligence issues and point out Operational intelligence tensions in leadership.
Financial accounting Critical Criteria:
Participate in Financial accounting risks and check on ways to get started with Financial accounting.
Test and learn Critical Criteria:
Study Test and learn failures and get going.
– Who will provide the final approval of Business Intelligence deliverables?
– Is Business Intelligence Required?
Composite application Critical Criteria:
Unify Composite application outcomes and look at the big picture.
– Are accountability and ownership for Business Intelligence clearly defined?
Predictive analytics Critical Criteria:
Start Predictive analytics decisions and catalog what business benefits will Predictive analytics goals deliver if achieved.
– What are direct examples that show predictive analytics to be highly reliable?
Enterprise reporting Critical Criteria:
See the value of Enterprise reporting governance and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Enterprise reporting services.
Organizational architecture Critical Criteria:
Guide Organizational architecture goals and adopt an insight outlook.
– Is Business Intelligence Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Meteorological intelligence Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Meteorological intelligence engagements and give examples utilizing a core of simple Meteorological intelligence skills.
– Is maximizing Business Intelligence protection the same as minimizing Business Intelligence loss?
Complex event processing Critical Criteria:
Focus on Complex event processing decisions and plan concise Complex event processing education.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Business Intelligence? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Business Intelligence move?
International economics Critical Criteria:
Dissect International economics quality and frame using storytelling to create more compelling International economics projects.
Financial audit Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Financial audit risks and tour deciding if Financial audit progress is made.
– What are the key elements of your Business Intelligence performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Business Intelligence?
Business analytics Critical Criteria:
Coach on Business analytics tactics and explore and align the progress in Business analytics.
– what is the most effective tool for Statistical Analysis Business Analytics and Business Intelligence?
– What is the difference between business intelligence business analytics and data mining?
– Is there a mechanism to leverage information for business analytics and optimization?
– Is Business Intelligence dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– What is the difference between business intelligence and business analytics?
– what is the difference between Data analytics and Business Analytics If Any?
– What vendors make products that address the Business Intelligence needs?
– How do you pick an appropriate ETL tool or business analytics tool?
– What are the trends shaping the future of business analytics?
– Who needs to know about Business Intelligence ?
Organizational behavior Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Organizational behavior strategies and get out your magnifying glass.
– To what extent does management recognize Business Intelligence as a tool to increase the results?
– Should organizational behavior management expand its content?
– How Do We Know What We Know about Organizational Behavior?
Data sharing Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Data sharing governance and interpret which customers can’t participate in Data sharing because they lack skills.
– What will be the policies for data sharing and public access (including provisions for protection of privacy, confidentiality, security, intellectual property rights and other rights as appropriate)?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Business Intelligence process?
– What is (or would be) the added value of collaborating with other entities regarding data sharing across economic sectors?
– Does the project require agreements related to organizational data sharing that havent yet been created?
– What is (or would be) the added value of collaborating with other entities regarding data sharing in your sector?
– What transformations will be necessary to prepare data for preservation / data sharing?
– Do you regularly audit 3rd parties with whom you have data sharing agreements with?
– What would be needed to support collaboration on data sharing across economic sectors?
– What would be needed to support collaboration on data sharing in your sector?
– How can we improve data sharing methodologies between departments?
– Do you have any data sharing agreements with any 3rd parties?
– What are internal and external Business Intelligence relations?
Business process Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Business process tasks and attract Business process skills.
– Do we identify maximum allowable downtime for critical business functions, acceptable levels of data loss and backlogged transactions, RTOs, RPOs, recovery of the critical path (i.e., business processes or systems that should receive the highest priority), and the costs associated with downtime? Are the approved thresholds appropriate?
– Have the segments, goals and performance objectives been translated into an actionable and realistic target business and information architecture expressed within business functions, business processes, and information requirements?
– Have senior executives clearly identified and explained concerns regarding Customer Service issues and other change drivers, and emphasized that major improvements are imperative?
– What is the importance of knowing the key performance indicators KPIs for a business process when trying to implement a business intelligence system?
– Has business process Cybersecurity has been included in continuity of operations plans for areas such as customer data, billing, etc.?
– Do you design data protection and privacy requirements into the development of your business processes and new systems?
– If we accept wire transfers what is the desired business process around supporting wire transfers?
– If we accept checks what is the desired business process around supporting checks?
– How do you inventory and assess business processes as part of an ERP evaluation?
– What would Eligible entity be asked to do to facilitate your normal business process?
– What business process supports the entry and validation of the data?
– What are the business goals Business Intelligence is aiming to achieve?
– How does the solution handle core business processes?
– What/how are business processes defined?
– What is the business process?
Data Mining Extensions Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Data Mining Extensions planning and test out new things.
Operations management for services Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Operations management for services strategies and mentor Operations management for services customer orientation.
– How do we Identify specific Business Intelligence investment and emerging trends?
– Will Business Intelligence deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– How will you measure your Business Intelligence effectiveness?
Product life-cycle management Critical Criteria:
Categorize Product life-cycle management failures and research ways can we become the Product life-cycle management company that would put us out of business.
– Will Business Intelligence have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
Development economics Critical Criteria:
Focus on Development economics failures and finalize the present value of growth of Development economics.
– How can skill-level changes improve Business Intelligence?
– Are there recognized Business Intelligence problems?
Dimension table Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Dimension table visions and arbitrate Dimension table techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Why is Business Intelligence important for you now?
Data dictionary Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Data dictionary leadership and integrate design thinking in Data dictionary innovation.
– Do we monitor the Business Intelligence decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What types of information should be included in the data dictionary?
– Is there a data dictionary?
Business activity monitoring Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Business activity monitoring quality and probe the present value of growth of Business activity monitoring.
– Is the scope of Business Intelligence defined?
Innovation management Critical Criteria:
Analyze Innovation management management and catalog what business benefits will Innovation management goals deliver if achieved.
– Does Business Intelligence systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
Performance metrics Critical Criteria:
Focus on Performance metrics tactics and innovate what needs to be done with Performance metrics.
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– Does Business Intelligence analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– Have you defined IT risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported?
Organizational structure Critical Criteria:
Add value to Organizational structure strategies and get going.
– Another critical success factor is that appropriate governance needs to be in place. That is, is an appropriate organizational structure in place to manage the organization facing the cloud computing solution?
– Do you have a clearly defined organizational structure at organization level in order to sustain the risk management process?
– How can you negotiate Business Intelligence successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– How will the existing culture and organizational structure be impacted by agile project management?
– How to manage workflows and projects, that are inherently distributed outside the organizational structure?
– What does a typical data warehouse and business intelligence organizational structure look like?
– Organizational structure for international business?
– Is a Business Intelligence Team Work effort in place?
– What Organizational Structure is Required?
Slowly changing dimension Critical Criteria:
Think about Slowly changing dimension strategies and report on the economics of relationships managing Slowly changing dimension and constraints.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Business Intelligence product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Business Intelligence project manager?
Security management Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Security management tactics and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Security management projects.
– Has the organization established an Identity and Access Management program that is consistent with requirements, policy, and applicable guidelines and which identifies users and network devices?
– If our security management product supports access control based on defined rules, what is the granularity of the rules supported: access control per user, group, or role?
– Has the organization established an enterprise-wide business continuity/disaster recovery program that is consistent with requirements, policy, and applicable guidelines?
– Does the service agreement have metrics for measuring performance and effectiveness of security management?
– Is there a business continuity/disaster recovery plan in place?
– So, how does security management manifest in cloud services?
– Are damage assessment and disaster recovery plans in place?
OLAP cube Critical Criteria:
Look at OLAP cube engagements and ask what if.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Business Intelligence workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– What threat is Business Intelligence addressing?
Materials management Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Materials management risks and be persistent.
Venture capital Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Venture capital results and prioritize challenges of Venture capital.
Financial management Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Financial management tasks and perfect Financial management conflict management.
– How is the value delivered by Business Intelligence being measured?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Business Intelligence for Performance Management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Business Intelligence External links:
Business Intelligence Software – ERP & Project …
List of Business Intelligence Skills – The Balance
Performance management External links:
AppOptics – Application Performance Management & …
Employee Engagement & Performance Management Software | 15Five
Performance Management Forms | Human Resources
Degenerate dimension External links:
Degenerate Dimension Part 1 – Build Fact Table – YouTube
Data Warehousing: What is degenerate dimension? – …
Degenerate Dimension – YouTube
Decision support system External links:
Decision Support System – DSS Definition – Investopedia
CureMatch Decision Support System For Oncologist to …
Decision Support Systems – Journal – Elsevier
Market economy External links:
Market economy: A Glossary of Political Economy Terms – …
US seeks to deny China market economy status in WTO
Market Economy – Investopedia – Sharper Insight. …
Integrated business planning External links:
INTEGRATED BUSINESS PLANNING – o9 Solutions
o9 Solutions – Demand, Supply, Integrated Business Planning
Records management External links:
National Archives Records Management Information Page
Title and Records Management | Loan Portfolio Servicing
Records Management Policy | Policies & Procedures
Economic development External links:
Department of Economic Development – Missouri
Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development
Trade – PA Department of Community & Economic Development
Runtime intelligence External links:
CInject – Code Inject & Runtime Intelligence – Home
Free Runtime Intelligence Services Portal – msdn.microsoft.com
Commercial management External links:
Commercial Management – MRI Software
Neighborhood Commercial Management – Austin, Texas
Audit committee External links:
Audit Committee | VyStar Credit Union
[PDF]Audit Committee – MassMutual
Audit Committee – KPMG Board Leadership Center
Incident management External links:
[PDF]Incident Management (IM) Working Group – FEMA.gov
New York State Incident Management and Reporting System
Enterprise Incident Management
Data profiling External links:
Data Profiling – FREE download Data Profiling
Strategic management External links:
KM Strategic Management
Strategic Management – Strategic Management Insight
Strategic Management Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Managerial finance External links:
Emerald | Managerial Finance information
[PDF]Introduction to Managerial Finance – wps.aw.com
Managerial Finance – AbeBooks
Business process modeling External links:
About the Business Process Modeling Notation …
[PDF]Business Process Modeling and Standards
Change management External links:
Change Management Models & Process | Change Activation
All Management Is Change Management – Harvard Business Review
Change management experts -Change Management …
Sir Henry Furnese, 1st Baronet External links:
Sir Henry Furnese, 1st Baronet – WOW.com
Information retrieval External links:
SIR: Stored Information Retrieval – Web01
SIR: Stored Information Retrieval
Introduction to Information Retrieval
Information Management External links:
Home | Information Management
AIMS – Aging Information Management System
Media intelligence External links:
FIBEP World Media Intelligence Congress
Media Analysis & Media Data: Media Intelligence Center | …
Media monitoring Services | Media Intelligence Provider
Commercial bank External links:
cbtn.com – Home › Commercial Bank
The Commercial Bank – Official Site
Home – Commercial Bank
Power management External links:
Power Innovations International | Power Management …
1E NightWatchman for power management
Information about power management setting on a …
Sixth normal form External links:
Sixth normal form – Google Groups
sql – design – sixth normal form – Stack Overflow
Corporate governance External links:
Morgan Stanley Corporate Governance
Program on Corporate Governance – About the Program
Corporate Governance – About Us | Aetna
Public relations External links:
Title Public Relations Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Most Popular “Public Relations” Titles – IMDb
Microsoft Public Relations Contacts | Stories
Business analysis External links:
Business analysis (eBook, 2010) [WorldCat.org]
Business Analysis & Administration | FBIJOBS
Contract Business Analysis Repository
Process management External links:
Sales Process Management | ProspectStream
Business Process Management – BPM – Gartner IT Glossary
Emerson Process Management, Process Systems
Brand management External links:
Brand Management Job Description – Job Descriptions
Learn About Brand Management – The Balance
Branding & Brand Management – Northwestern University
Organizational engineering External links:
[PDF]Organizational Engineering using Sociometric …
What is Organizational Engineering | IGI Global
Team Analysis – Organizational Engineering and …
Earned value management External links:
Earned Value Management General Reference (Gold Card)
Data visualization External links:
What is data visualization? – Definition from WhatIs.com
AstroNova | Data Visualization Technology & Solutions
Power BI | Interactive Data Visualization BI Tools
Social networking service External links:
Social networking service | Social Media
Effect Social Networking | Myspace | Social Networking Service
Social Networking Service – P2P Foundation
Operational data store External links:
Operational Data Store (ODS) Defined | James Serra’s Blog
Operational Data Store – ODS – Gartner Tech Definitions
Problem management External links:
[PDF]IT ENTERPRISE PROBLEM MANAGEMENT …
http://itsm.ucsf.edu/sites/itsm.ucsf.edu/files/Problem Management Process.pdf
5-Step Problem Management with Kepner-Tregoe
Problem Management Impact and urgency matrix | …
Business process management External links:
HEFLO BPM | Business Process Management
Business Process Management – BPM – Gartner IT Glossary
Workflow Software, Business Process Management …
Data transformation External links:
Data transformation (Computer file, 1987) [WorldCat.org]
[PDF]Data transformation and normality – Evaluation
Data transformation | FileMaker Community
Data warehouse automation External links:
biready.com : Data Warehouse Automation | Home | BIReady
Corporate liability External links:
Corporate liability (Book, 2000) [WorldCat.org]
Operational intelligence External links:
Sign in – Operational Intelligence and Visualization
CIDNE – Operational Intelligence – ISS
Operational Intelligence Software Solutions | VizExplorer
Financial accounting External links:
Financial accounting Flashcards | Quizlet
[PDF]Statement of Financial Accounting Standards No. 2
KRS CPAS | Financial Accounting Services | Paramus, NJ
Test and learn External links:
Test and learn: Working towards integrated services.
Composite application External links:
Creating a Healthcare SOA Composite Application – YouTube
Composite Application Library – msdn.microsoft.com
Composite Application – Gartner IT Glossary
Predictive analytics External links:
Strategic Location Management & Predictive Analytics | …
Predictive Analytics for Healthcare | Forecast Health
Predictive Analytics Software, Social Listening | NewBrand
Enterprise reporting External links:
ARGOS – Evisions Enterprise Reporting – Community …
Argos: Enterprise Reporting | Evisions
[PDF]Accessing Enterprise Reporting via SecureAccess …
Organizational architecture External links:
Organizational Architecture – ManagementMania.com
What Is Organizational Architecture? – Learn.org
[PDF]ORGANIZATIONAL ARCHITECTURE: A …
Meteorological intelligence External links:
Meteorological intelligence – Revolvy
International economics External links:
International Economics | SAIS
Omicron Delta Epsilon – The International Economics …
Fellow in International Economics – Rice University
Business analytics External links:
Business Analytics | Coursera
What is Business Analytics? Webopedia Definition
Advanced Business Analytics | Coursera
Organizational behavior External links:
Free Organizational Behavior Essays and Papers
Organizational behavior (Book, 2005) [WorldCat.org]
Organizational Behavior – OB – Investopedia
Data sharing External links:
[PDF]Data Sharing MOU – Draft v3 – University of Washington
[DOC]Data Sharing MOU – Draft v3.docx – Office of the CISO
[DOC]DATA SHARING AGREEMENT – Virginia …
Business process External links:
[PDF]Business Process Guide Position Management : …
Business Process Manager Job Description and Salary
Canon Business Process Services
Data Mining Extensions External links:
Data Mining Extensions (DMX) Reference | Microsoft Docs
Data Mining Extensions (DMX) Operator Reference
Data Mining Extensions (DMX) Reference
Development economics External links:
Development Economics: Theory and practice: 9781138885318: Business Development Books @ Amazon.com
Home | International and Development Economics
Application Forms – Center for Development Economics
Dimension table External links:
What is dimension table? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Pipe Dimension Table – Grating
Tube Dimension Table – McNichols Company – Grating
Data dictionary External links:
What is a Data Dictionary? – Bridging the Gap
Oracle Scheduling Data Dictionary Views related to …
OpenAir Data Dictionary
Business activity monitoring External links:
KnowledgeSync – The Leader in Business Activity Monitoring
KnowledgeSync – The Leader in Business Activity Monitoring
Business Activity Monitoring (BAM) – Gartner IT Glossary
Innovation management External links:
Innovation Management from the Experts – Ideawake
Home – Mack Institute for Innovation Management
Performance metrics External links:
Performance metrics and goals | Mass.gov
Budget & Performance Metrics | Fox Valley Technical College
USPS® Mailer Scorecard Performance Metrics | PostalPro
Organizational structure External links:
Organizational Structure – Air Force Civil Engineer Center
Social Security Organizational Structure
Slowly changing dimension External links:
SSIS- Slowly Changing Dimension (SCD) Tutorial
SSIS Slowly Changing Dimension Type 2 – Tutorial Gateway
Security management External links:
Endpoint Security Management Software and Solutions – Promisec
Cisco Content Security Management Virtual Appliance …
VISIBLE VISITORS – Entry Security Management System …
OLAP cube External links:
Data Warehouse vs. OLAP Cube? – Stack Overflow
How to Create OLAP Cube in Analysis Services: 9 Steps
OLAP cube / Analysis Services = error on transport layer
Materials management External links:
Institute of Hazardous Materials Management
Materials Management Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Venture capital External links:
Venture Capital – Entertainment Financing | Tech | Bayrock
InvestMidwest Venture Capital Forum
5 Ways to Take Advantage of Corporate Venture Capital
Financial management External links:
Financial Management Services :: Home
Financial Education | Financial Advice | Financial Management
HFMA – Healthcare Financial Management Association